Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That’s partly the facial recognition software earning your tax pounds right there - if any of the protestors were on a police database for previous offences of any sort, they will be matched - and as I said up thread, the majority spearheading the damage/aggression at police, will already have a record of some sort. They think their hoodies and balaclavas avoid them being recognised - they have no idea how sophisticated the cctv software actually is and those that are convicted that didn’t already have a record, have now also found their way on to the database. They’ll be pegged at every demonstration in the future.

“In an interview with The Times in April, the head of the Metropolitan Police in London, Lindsey Chiswick, said that facial recognition had led to one arrest every two hours.”

What people don’t know is that someone can be tagged as in the area and put on a facial recognition watchlist just for being associated with the riots, even turning up to counterprotest or as victims.

I have always believed that the biggest cost of civil disobedience and direct action is it that it inevitably erodes our civil liberties in the long term..

Keir Starmer has promised to expand the use of facial recognition technology even more.

I wasn't aware of any of that Zeb. Very good info. Thanks.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
...are they really any different?
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the response of Dame Diana Johnson on R4 this morning. She was asked why she thought that the racist protests hadn't materialised yesterday and said it was due to a) the mobilisation of large numbers of police and b) the sentences handed out to the rioters. Not a single mention of the thousands of decent peaceable law-abiding antis who turned out last night to show their support for their local communities.

It's a fair bet that other nazis will have turned up in Brighton last night, walked out of the station, saw the crowd and thought "f*** that" and scurried back home smartish.

From the station to the sea
Brighton will be fascist free

PS Let's not forget that we haven't yet seen a prison sentence which comes close to the 5 years handed out to the JSO protesters who were planning to lob some more orange paint around. That is a more serious crime than lamping a copper apparently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Going back to the origin of the riots especially in Southport, there’s no hiding in the internet. This one is a friend of Julia Hartley-Brewer apparently.

I'm rather enjoying these keyboard racists claiming it was 'a one off' and now panicking and trying to delete their posts, accounts etc

It's the internet, you stupid bastards :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well no counter protest tried to set fire to a hotel yesterday, so that's one difference.
Yep. Not sure I saw anyone hurl bricks or a binfire at the OB, walk into a riot shield or pull people from cars either.

There was some good dancing though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the response of Dame Diana Johnson on R4 this morning. She was asked why she thought that the racist protests hadn't materialised yesterday and said it was due to a) the mobilisation of large numbers of police and b) the sentences handed out to the rioters. Not a single mention of the thousands of decent peaceable law-abiding antis who turned out last night to show their support for their local communities.

It's a fair bet that other nazis will have turned up in Brighton last night, walked out of the station, saw the crowd and thought "f*** that" and scurried back home smartish.

From the station to the sea
Brighton will be fascist free

PS Let's not forget that we haven't yet seen a prison sentence which comes close to the 5 years handed out to the JSO protesters who were planning to lob some more orange paint around. That is a more serious crime than lamping a copper apparently.

If there wasn't an anti demo last night, I believe there would have been quite a few more (from the ones I saw hanging around the fringes) and police would have been assaulted, there would have been damage and arrests and they would have threatened and shouted foul abuse at the people of Brighton. Maybe only 40-50, but we've seen what that number have done elsewhere.

It didn't happen, because sufficient Brightonians stood up to these feral scum :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s partly the facial recognition software earning your tax pounds right there - if any of the protestors were on a police database for previous offences of any sort, they will be matched - and as I said up thread, the majority spearheading the damage/aggression at police, will already have a record of some sort. They think their hoodies and balaclavas avoid them being recognised - they have no idea how sophisticated the cctv software actually is and those that are convicted that didn’t already have a record, have now also found their way on to the database. They’ll be pegged at every demonstration in the future.

“In an interview with The Times in April, the head of the Metropolitan Police in London, Lindsey Chiswick, said that facial recognition had led to one arrest every two hours.”

What people don’t know is that someone can be tagged as in the area and put on a facial recognition watchlist just for being associated with the riots, even turning up to counterprotest or as victims.

I have always believed that the biggest cost of civil disobedience and direct action is it that it inevitably erodes our civil liberties in the long term..

Keir Starmer has promised to expand the use of facial recognition technology even more.

The Draper oaf had 14 previous convictions, it said on the radio this morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that I can see although it’s funny the baying mob seem out to get them anyway, are they really any different?
Is that a 'genuine question'?

If so, it's a rather silly one. :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not that I can see although it’s funny the baying mob seem out to get them anyway, are they really any different?
If the 'baying mob' as you call them* had wanted to get them I think they probably would have.

I have to ask, does this include the oompah band? I would have thought it hard to bay and oompah at the same time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here