Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From Facebook:

Rumoured trouble in Durham tonight - police have already issued a dispersal order and enhanced stop and search capabilities have been authorised.

Chief Superintendent Dave Coxon, of Durham Constabulary, said: “While we will always support and facilitate the right to peaceful protest, violent disorder from people intent on harming our communities will not be tolerated.
“Our officers are committed to protecting the communities we serve, and advice has been given to residents and local businesses to reassure them of our support.
“Our advice to anyone considering engaging in disorder is not to attend.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't take sides, I like to listen to all sides and draw my own conclusion. At the moment I see good and bad on all sides but my biggest fear is at one of these protests/ demo's/ or riots as they are being called somebody from one side or another will be killed. If (and hopefully not when that happens) then it's going to be very difficult to stop all out war between various factions.
This scenario arose after three little girls were murdered, and social media spread lies like wildfire saying the murderer was an illegal immigrant (with a fictional name)who arrived on a boat last year. Riots for 7 days continuing. All based on lies.

A couple of months ago, a young black boy was killed by a white man with a sword. There were no marches, no protests and not one riot.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
i find it ironic that someone from mid Sussex is in favour of and has no issue with uncontrolled immigration to be honest , likewise people from Dorset ......the problems are all in the midlands where the numbers are far , far greater.
I‘m just over 120 odd miles away and have ex uni friends in Cov (I lived there for three years) and Brum, also Depor Junior is in Yorkshire. I would hazard a guess that I have a bit more of a handle on this than you.

Not sure why you are bothered as you don’t live here. Obviously not that keen on Blighty.

oh by the way. Where have I said anything about uncontrolled immigration? I haven’t and I haven’t seen any other posters advocating this. This is the sort of ill informed bollocks that got us to where we are now. FFS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What would these rioters be doing if they were unopposed by the police?

Dragging “foreigners” from their homes and beating them to death?

That’s what it would end in, would it not?

I really thought we were better than this.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
what about the people who have marched with Palestine flags and attacked lone English , stamping on heads and jumping up and down on them while they lie unconscious on the ground ...thise marches were obviously organised , do they get the same...?? one would hope so surely...:rub chin:
The law will be applied to these people as well. This won't be immediate, so there will be scope for false information to be disseminated about this, but don't let an echo chamber tell you that different standards are applied for different people

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This scenario arose after three little girls were murdered, and social media spread lies like wildfire saying the murderer was an illegal immigrant (with a fictional name)who arrived on a boat last year. Riots for 7 days continuing. All based on lies.

A couple of months ago, a young black boy was killed by a white man with a sword. There were no marches, no protests and not one riot.
No crossbow protests either for some reason....

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The law will be applied to these people as well. This won't be immediate, so there will be scope for false information to be disseminated about this, but don't let an echo chamber tell you that different standards are applied for different people
Common sense. Good.

Harsh sentences all round please. Thugs of all colours need to be imprisoned.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Useful thread here showing that it is a tiny very vocal minority who support the riots. Many of these people will live in echo chambers so doubt the findings because all of their contacts feel the same. It really is a tiny proportion. Ignore the idiots like Farage talking about silent majority. Love live Great Britain.

That's a really interesting set of stats. Laughable in the first glance as 7% think the trouble is caused by the far left!. I am surprised the number of people agreeing with the trouble is as high as it is to be honest even at just 8%.

58% having sympathy with the views of those taking part is an interesting question/result. Doesn't quite say they agree with the views as it could be construed as just a right to protest peacefully. Not being involved in these polls how do they conduct them, if someone asks for context do they give anything or is the question just a flat yes/no.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I can’t find the post but someone previously asked “why Queens Road”.

The common sense answer would be it’s by the station and convenient for the out of towners who are coming to cause trouble from outside of Brighton.

But quite aside from that, so much bad shit seems to happen near that building. That kid was murdered there, attempted arson there, it’s like the most dangerous part of town by miles
It has the immigration and asylum services offices in it. That's why.

It's only the most dangerous if you include it as part of North Laine and The Lanes. If so would also include North Road and West St.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It has the immigration and asylum services offices in it. That's why.

It's only the most dangerous if you include it as part of North Laine.

This is true, but when that teenager was stabbed and killed it had nothing to do with that. Neither when my friend was groped by pissed up thugs. There’s something about that area which fucks things up on top of your perfectly true reasoning

The Clumsy Swan pub I imagine wasn't too busy when the attack happened as I'm sure some regulars would have gone out and helped the lone lad who was attacked? It was busy later in the evening apparently but assume that was because of police presence? Most drinkers in there know each other and can't see them putting up with 1 of their own being kicked about by a mob and not doing something about it! Fortunately, it didn't kick off big time!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This is true, but when that teenager was stabbed and killed it had nothing to do with that. Neither when my friend was groped by pissed up thugs. There’s something about that area which fucks things up on top of your perfectly true reasoning
I've slightly edited. Given the other areas on that graph I assume the data for North Laine and The Lanes also includes the Station, North Road, West St. It would make sense that the area where all the stag and hens / football fans / pissed and drugged up teenagers have to pass through is the worst. I don't think it's anything to do with immigration or the far left / right though.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've slightly edited. Given the other areas on that graph I assume the data for North Laine and The Lanes also includes the Station, North Road, West St. It would make sense that the area where all the stag and hens / football fans / pissed and drugged up teenagers have to pass through is the worst. I don't think it's anything to do with immigration or the far left / right though.
Me either. If you read back I’m saying that particular corner where that building is has seen more than its fair share of tragedy and trouble.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i'm not sure the wokes will let you say that but they appear to have done so , so well done....good point well made.
See, this is where your lack of thought has led you down the wrong path.
You can look at crime stats and see the majority is committed by men aged 18-30, but it doesn't mean a majority of 18-30 year old are criminals.
90% of child sexual offenders are white males, in an 81% white country. This includes those that committed their offences as a group, and those that acted alone, which would suggest your kids are more at risk from a white man.
But even then it's misleading, most child victims of sexual assault, are assaulted by a family member, so statistically, your kids are most at risk of a sexual assault from you or your brother.
I would kick your own front door in, just in case.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That's a really interesting set of stats. Laughable in the first glance as 7% think the trouble is caused by the far left!. I am surprised the number of people agreeing with the trouble is as high as it is to be honest even at just 8%.

58% having sympathy with the views of those taking part is an interesting question/result. Doesn't quite say they agree with the views as it could be construed as just a right to protest peacefully. Not being involved in these polls how do they conduct them, if someone asks for context do they give anything or is the question just a flat yes/no.
I'm very surprised (in fact, depressed) that as many as 1 in 8 people think the unrest is justified. How ANYONE can think that this mindless violence is justified is beyond me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Me either. If you read back I’m saying that particular corner where that building is has seen more than its fair share of tragedy and trouble.
No, I know, but people could have taken it that way as it's where the immigration services building is. Was clarifying for the board rather than picking you up on anything. I think we're basically agreeing but the data isn't granular enough to go to a particular road or corner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The law will be applied to these people as well. This won't be immediate, so there will be scope for false information to be disseminated about this, but don't let an echo chamber tell you that different standards are applied for different

The Clumsy Swan pub I imagine wasn't too busy when the attack happened as I'm sure some regulars would have gone out and helped the lone lad who was attacked? It was busy later in the evening apparently but assume that was because of police presence? Most drinkers in there know each other and can't see them putting up with 1 of their own being kicked about by a mob and not doing something about it! Fortunately, it didn't kick off big time!
I saw the video on X. One white guy wanted to fight, indicating that by raising his fists. Yes, some of the protestors came over to him, and a couple of them knocked him down, and under a table. They then stood in front of him to prevent any further blows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here