[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't take sides, I like to listen to all sides and draw my own conclusion. At the moment I see good and bad on all sides but my biggest fear is at one of these protests/ demo's/ or riots as they are being called somebody from one side or another will be killed. If (and hopefully not when that happens) then it's going to be very difficult to stop all out war between various factions.

Then I'm sorry, but whether intentionally or not, I believe you are trying to put a justification forward for the feral scum who are rioting.

I'm really struggling to see the 'good' in the 'side' that have been attacking police, wrecking properties and cars and trying to burn asylum seekers, mosques and Law firms for over a week.

Or those that cheer them on from the sidelines.
Or those that try to justify their actions :shrug:

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't take sides, I like to listen to all sides and draw my own conclusion. At the moment I see good and bad on all sides but my biggest fear is at one of these protests/ demo's/ or riots as they are being called somebody from one side or another will be killed. If (and hopefully not when that happens) then it's going to be very difficult to stop all out war between various factions.

I don't think a lot of the people caught up in this realised they were on a "side" at all until they had their shop smashed up.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
all of this incitement is by billionaires who want to divide the working classes and profit from misery, they don't want us asking why they hold so much capital, they want us fighting amongst ourselves so we don't shine a light on the systems they've created to suck everything we earn through labour into their pockets.

We shouldn't be fighting people whoever they are, we should be fighting systems

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
From the BBC article in post #2064:

'Influencers fanning flames from abroad could be extradited' - Dominic Casciani, Home and legal correspondent

'The Director of Public Prosecutions says his teams will consider seeking the extradition from abroad of social media influencers who are playing a role in the violent disorder gripping the UK.

Stephen Parkinson tells BBC that anybody involved in the violence should know they will face the most severe possible criminal charges, including terrorism.

Approximately 100 of the 400 people arrested in relation to a week of disorder have been charged, he revealed. Prosecutors and detectives are now working through cases in teams across England and Wales to push as many suspects into the courts as quickly as possible.

Some complex cases could take weeks more to be charged, but Parkinson says prosecutors were "absolutely geared up" to bring offenders to justice.

Concern has been mounting about extreme right-wing social media influencers, including the founder of the English Defence League, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who uses the alias Tommy Robinson.

He is currently in Cyprus - the High Court has issued a warrant for his arrest after he failed to turn up in court last Monday. Parkinson says: "Some people are abroad. That doesn't mean they're safe.

"We have liaison prosecutors around the globe, who've got local links with the local judiciary. We can cooperate with our international partners.
"We would certainly consider extradition if we are satisfied that an offence has been committed. They must know that they are not safe and there is nowhere to hide."

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Useful thread here showing that it is a tiny very vocal minority who support the riots. Many of these people will live in echo chambers so doubt the findings because all of their contacts feel the same. It really is a tiny proportion. Ignore the idiots like Farage talking about silent majority. Love live Great Britain.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't think anyone is saying it's solely an Asian thing are they ?. But those figures you've quoted are stating 31% of grooming gangs are black or asian and 42% white, out of a population where 81% are white.
i'm not sure the wokes will let you say that but they appear to have done so , so well done....good point well made.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Somebody earlier was asking whether any aspects of these riots broke terrorism laws which, at the time I thought it unlikely. However the arrests seem to be getting dealt with in three ways

Violent Disorder - Max 5 years
Rioting - Max 10 years

and, interestingly

"We are willing to look at terrorism offences. I'm aware of at least one instance where that is happening. Where you have organised groups planning activity for the purposes of advancing [an] ideology... planning really, really serious disruption then yes, we will consider terrorism offences."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cw5yyynpwnzt?post=asset:2dfc946f-a994-4502-a03f-46ed0e4ef98f#post

I do hope Yaxley-Lennon is building up that tan his supporters paid for, because it looks like it may have to last a while ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That’s the spirit, you can’t beat a good old flounce. Congratulations.

I find it somewhat ironic that you are so ’proud’ of our great country that you decide to live somewhere else, even more ironic that you believe you are better informed than those of us who live here!

It‘s like Farage and Yaxley both being so patriotic that they both hold EU passports. Wankers
i find it ironic that someone from mid Sussex is in favour of and has no issue with uncontrolled immigration to be honest , likewise people from Dorset ......the problems are all in the midlands where the numbers are far , far greater.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My bus driver golfing buddy showed me a mail telling them about disruption on Wednesday and alternative routes planned!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Somebody earlier was asking whether any aspects of these riots broke terrorism laws which, at the time I thought it unlikely. However the arrests seem to be getting dealt with in three ways

Violent Disorder - Max 5 years
Rioting - Max 10 years

and, interestingly

"We are willing to look at terrorism offences. I'm aware of at least one instance where that is happening. Where you have organised groups planning activity for the purposes of advancing [an] ideology... planning really, really serious disruption then yes, we will consider terrorism offences."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cw5yyynpwnzt?post=asset:2dfc946f-a994-4502-a03f-46ed0e4ef98f#post

I do hope Yaxley-Lennon is building up that tan his supporters paid for, because it looks like it may have to last a while ???
what about the people who have marched with Palestine flags and attacked lone English , stamping on heads and jumping up and down on them while they lie unconscious on the ground ...thise marches were obviously organised , do they get the same...?? one would hope so surely...:rub chin:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I share your fear that someone could be killed as violence escalates. However, I take issue with your assertion that there's "good and bad on all sides". By claiming this you're drawing a false equivalence.

These riots aren't the result of 2 groups going at it. We had one side, primed by the right wing press and further radicalised online, besieging mosques, burning hotels and beating up black people. Then there were reports of a Muslim man being stabbed. Girls in hijabs being spat at. Race checkpoints in streets.

Is it any wonder that others have mobilised in opposition/defence? Of course, any violence on either side must be condemned but don't give me the Trumpian "good and bad on both sides".

I'm sure this isn't your intention but this attempted objectivism makes one come across as an apologist/sympathiser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here