Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"The resurgence of far-right violence in the UK is in part due to Elon Musk’s decision to allow figures such as Tommy Robinson back on to the social media platform X, researchers say.
What ‘researchers’?

I don’t qualify as a researcher but it’s not exactly groundbreaking news that Elon Musk enables the spread of right wing propaganda inciting hatred on X ???

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What ‘researchers’?

I don’t qualify as a researcher but it’s not exactly groundbreaking news that Elon Musk enables the spread of right wing propaganda inciting hatred on X ???
Ask the Guardian :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kier Starmer is to blame for this. His speech was so badly judged. No recognition at all of the reasonable worries a lot of people have, just an attack on their right to protest. Seems more bothered about defending the perpetrators than our children.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Kier Starmer is to blame for this. His speech was so badly judged. No recognition at all of the reasonable worries a lot of people have, just an attack on their right to protest. Seems more bothered about defending the perpetrators than our children.
Yes, it was Starmer that set fire to the Citizens Advice Bureau and attacked all those mosques, wasn’t it? FFS.

The British political right need to wake up and smell the coffee of what they’ve become. And stop being such damned snowflakes.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's nice they let you be a part time moderator.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All those people conning othersinto thinking that people in rubber dinghies arriving with nothing but the clothes on their back are the problem with their lives need to take some responsibly for this.
IMG_0532.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One might ask where were all the rioters for the 14 years of the previous Cabal?
It’s weird how the government which spent much of its last few years courting them (didn’t you, Suella? Remember when they all kicked off at the Cenotaph last year like you hinted they should?) and suddenly they’re all out on the streets.

It seems they’re struggling to accept a democratic result. Which is a strange one given how many of them have spent 8 years saying “you lost, get over it” when people expressed dissatisfaction at other democratic outcomes which they liked.

This is just a low budget British January 6th remake, a mob turning violent because they didn’t get the result they wanted and egged on by right wing forces seeking to gain from the chaos. Their “legitimate concerns” are essentially horseshit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure what mindless thuggery and purposeful vandalism of innocent folk's possessions and businesses has to do with concerns over child safety. The only reasonable worry I see amongst the rioters was a shortage of crack and a deep disappointment that the opposition didn't turn up.

There are many folks out there with concerns about law and order. They just choose not pick up rocks and hurl them at those prescribed to maintain it.

Holoflux

Dec 27, 2021
I’m fascinated. …
How is KS to blame?
Exactly which part of his speech was badly judged?
What are your “reasonable worries”?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Absolutely no one is denying that. Just as they are not denying we have murderers that are not just born here (like the 7/7 lot) but are also white. It is disgusting what goes on when people are radicalised. The country needs to do more. People who argue “they need to integrate” act like integration is a one way thing. It is literally impossible for one group to integrate if the other does not. Hence once people meet Muslims and other groups and make friends they realise actually it is the minority who are horrible.

Re social media use and the sort of thing people on here have said. This guy claims to be an ex cop. No reason to doubt it. He is attacking starmer for calling him a thug. Once again I ask. Where in his speech did starmer say anyone with concerns about immigration is a far right thug? He didn’t. This is just people completely misrepresenting what he said. He said those who were rioting. These people just claim to be the people he was talking about. Maybe they recognise that maybe they are? I don’t know why people are not immediately saying “obviously not talking about me”

A huge amount of these posts on Twitter are fake so best ignored to be honest. Russian operated bot accounts.

Roy Race

Apr 15, 2021
Brighton
You are Nigel Farage and I claim my $10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here