Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
O

We are a tiny island rammed with people, all the homes are gone and rents are sky high because of demand. It is an immigration issue and it’s to late to address it now the damage is done.
so just set fire to everything?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh, I was saying no issues within law.

Nope. Sorry don't understand what you mean there at all. You said

If people have been granted a legal visa, work and contribute to British society then I don’t see any issues.

And I replied

So I am guessing you're a big advocate of this new plan to process asylum seekers as soon as possible, get rid of the backlog and associated costs, so they can work and contribute. A few 10s of thousands will be nothing added to the 1.2 Million :thumbsup:

Getting rid of the backlog as quickly as possible would be fully 'within the law'

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In Copthorne near Crawley the two main hotels are being used to house asylum seekers and as such they have lost two local resources that were vital to the community, one hotel had a pub and regularly held events that many locals went to, the other hotel held a fairly regular boxing night attracting people from all over the south east, this has all stopped completely.

I’ve personally witnessed asylum seekers following school girls and making them feel uncomfortable by making comments in their own languages and taking photos of them. The seekers are bored, they aren’t allowed to work and have no money to do anything interesting.

The problem is with the amount of people on the waiting list and this thing where hotels are used to house asylum seekers. Labour said they are going to speed up processing and cut down on hotel usage which I hope will return the hotels to the local community and stop this thing where there are lots and lots of asylum seekers in one area with nothing to do.

The lack of processing is a massive problem, personally this is where I would start. As you say the problems you describe would be eased and the people can contribute to society and look after their families.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There’s numerous issues at play here. Please read the whole post and don’t cherry pick the bits you don’t like, if you’re going to reply. This post is being made as a whole with each paragraph relating to the previous one.

There are the very real concerns residents of some towns have about very large numbers of asylum seekers and illegal refugees arriving in their towns. Families in some areas who have lived their whole lives for generations have seen crime rates rise, property prices fall and cultural change which - let’s face - isn’t always for the better. For example, many Muslim men who have arrived from countries where women and girls are second class citizens don’t just turn up on British shores and immediately adapt to our cultural values, after a lifetime of very different behaviour.

Examples of this include the repeated and ongoing criminal cases against predominantly Muslim immigrants who have targeted, groomed, drugged and raped underage white girls. These are uncomfortable truths.

Of course, despite the above, reports estimate 85-92% of perpetrators of such crime are white.

Then, quite separate to the above points, there are right-wing openly racist thugs who are taking the opportunity to behave like louts - looting, assaulting innocent legal migrants, and generally acting like fascist scum.

The problem is, and we’ve seen it in this thread and will forevermore, most people aren’t wired in the brain to see nuance on such an emotionally charged subject.

Liberals and anti-fascists will ignore people with legitimate concerns and grievances - people who aren’t smashing up mosques, setting fire to police cars and looting Sports Direct. But they all get swept in together as “Nazis”.

Then the actual Nazis become emboldened and commit the crimes we are seeing. There are absolutely no winners here.

Government needs to punish rioters in the strictest possible terms, and actually listen to normal working people’s concerns.
I largely agree, and hope the new Government does as promised and gets the asylum process up to speed, once a person's claim is resolved they can either be removed or given asylum and the right to live and work here, instead of being warehoused.
There are some cultural problems that should be addressed, and there needs to be some efforts made to help refugees integrate into British life, but Faragians will complain about the cost of doing that.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I prefer diversity to integration. I like colour, culture and variety.

Going through a London market or sitting in a cafe hearing the chatter and accents of all different nations is a joy.

Seeing all types of clothing and hairstyles. Eating all kinds of food and drink.

I’ll take that over a sea of buttoned down white folk silently commuting around London with their repressed grimaces and their “P’s and Q’s” any day of the week.

Viva La difference!!
So do I that's why I live in London. I take it you live somewhere multicultural and not in 90% white Sussex !?

Some cultures are more palatable though. Whitechapel is an absolute hole.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And also the "blame Stephen Yaxley-Lennon" campaign by the police allegedly. I wondered how long that would take. Not long at all.

Seriously, just leave the poor guy alone. He's been forced to move abroad and separated from his kids, who are threatened on a daily basis. The police could well be just angry because he wouldn't hand over his phone re: the Manchester Airport footage - again ALLEGEDLY.
:facepalm:

"The poor guy" is a racist football hooligan with multiple convictions and an Irish passport who's directing riots whilst hiding.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t you call them an “ignorant woman” on a hot mic, and lose government for 14 years?
You think we had 14 years of shit government because of two words said by one man.

Crikey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a lovely statement but do you know this is actual fact ?! You live in Germany dont you?

I welcome taking in asylum seeking refugees from war torn countries seeking a better life. But It does feel out of control. And we need to work on integration etc have you ever been to Whitechapel etc in recent years. It's a stinking pit that looks more like Baghdad with loads of women walking around in burqas.

I would love to see the reaction of the Brighton/hove luvvies if what has happened to some parts of east London, happened in the middle of Hove.
Work on integration, good lord. I do not want to integrate with the vast majority of my fellow country men....why on earth would an immigrant? If you want this, make it more attractive for us.

One of my favourite restuarants is in Whitechapel, I know it well.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What are these concerns?

They come over here and go on the dole
They come over here and take our jobs
They move next door and I can't sell my house
Your kids aren't safe to go out
The British way of life is being destroyed

Setting this nonsense aside what are the real and genuine concerns?
Well I’m sure the rioters and locals aren’t particularly happy about Rochdale, Telford, Rotherham, Oldham and the rest where Muslim paedophile rings operate(d). And these are the ones which have been prosecuted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If people have been granted a legal visa, work and contribute to British society then I don’t see any issues.
So once an asylum claim has been processed, and the applicant given the right to work, and takes a job, are they OK?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In Copthorne near Crawley the two main hotels are being used to house asylum seekers and as such they have lost two local resources that were vital to the community, one hotel had a pub and regularly held events that many locals went to, the other hotel held a fairly regular boxing night attracting people from all over the south east, this has all stopped completely.

I’ve personally witnessed asylum seekers following school girls and making them feel uncomfortable by making comments in their own languages and taking photos of them. The seekers are bored, they aren’t allowed to work and have no money to do anything interesting.

The problem is with the amount of people on the waiting list and this thing where hotels are used to house asylum seekers. Labour said they are going to speed up processing and cut down on hotel usage which I hope will return the hotels to the local community and stop this thing where there are lots and lots of asylum seekers in one area with nothing to do.
Putting asylum seekers in hotels for years is a nightmare for everyone - it’s obviously not great for the local community, but far, far worse for the asylum seekers themselves. The last government bears a huge responsibility for this - deliberately failing to deal with asylum claims whilst openly demonising the claimants.

Hopefully we now have a more enlightened approach - but it won’t solve anything overnight.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good post, Like most things in life unless it affects you directly you will struggle to see what all the fuss is about.

Lose your job and comfortable life style at 50 because the company you used to work for is now employing cheaper foreign labour and you personally can no longer make the mortgage payments is one still going to be pro immigration?

I haven’t been sacked and luckily the only person that can do that is me 👍

So when you say that you will struggle to see what all the fuss is about unless it affects you directly, you weren't talking about you?

Do you have views on this subject?

Who were you referring to?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You think we had 14 years of shit government because of two words said by one man.

Crikey.
If you bury your head in the sand and deem those who don’t agree with you as idiots, you lose elections. See Corbyn. It certainly didn’t help when UKIP took vote share directly from Labour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was my answer not absolutely superb?

In 2010, and directly off the back of comments such as Gordon Brown’s, led to UKIP receiving 13% of the popular vote. These near 4m people aren’t out en masse burning down mosques.

Their “mechanism” is to vote for a party they feel - rightly or wrongly - are listening to them.

Hence a repeat with Reform gaining 14% of the vote share, and over 4m votes in 2024.
So you think if Labour or the Tories talked like Farage they would win back these votes?

I think Farage can keep these votes and his 5 MPs.

People voting for his shit should be ashamed of themselves.

Any 'listening' and pandering to these oafs is off the table as far as I am concenrned.

I am listening now to R5, talking about a bloke wearing a poppy (in August?) and a Swastika. Should we be listening to his concerns or inviting him into the sea?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you bury your head in the sand and deem those who don’t agree with you as idiots, you lose elections. See Corbyn. It certainly didn’t help when UKIP took vote share directly from Labour.
I just 'buried my head in the sand' and called millions idiots - and 'I' won the election with a landslide :shrug:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So once an asylum claim has been processed, and the applicant given the right to work, and takes a job, are they OK?
Legally yeah, and they’re paying taxes and contributing to society, not living in a hotel at huge taxpayers expense.

Although I would certainly improve education of British culture, laws and values before granting any visas.

By British culture, laws and values I refer to things like respect for women, the legal age of consent for starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here