Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s probably the least funny one I’ve ever seen.

No wonder there’s no right wing satire.
Bob Monkhouse did have a go, to be fair.

When I say satire.

When I say have a go.....

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I didn't miss the point.
I just fancied taking it on to another level. Possibly a lower level.
I reserve the right to derail. :wink:
whatever 🤷‍♂️

That teaches me not to try to be clever :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

HillBarnTillIDie

Jul 2, 2011
I agree with everything you say.

Perhaps (only my view, not speaking for anyone else) the ‘middle ground’ in this mess is recognising there are serious problems in our society and the riots are a symptom of that. That’s not defending the rioters (who must face the full force of the law) but if we take the line that anyone who shares even a part of their views is simply ‘wrong’, ‘scum’ etc then we will never move forward.

The middle ground, to me, is accepting that people have grievances that we may not share but they are real and need to be considered. That does not condone rioting but it maybe says you don’t want it to happen again.
Great post and agree with everything you say.

The ignorance of many towards other people and their views and experiences is detrimental to the resolution of the protests, and the goal of a civilised, progressive society.

It’s bigotry, and in my opinion is as un called for as racism and thuggery.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Brit who retweeted “Ali Al-Shakati was the suspect. He was an asylum seeker who came to the UK by boat last year and was on an MI6 watch list. If this is true, then all hell is about to break loose” was Cheshire businesswoman Bernie Spofforth.

Preemptive, she’s gone to The Times and The Scum to plead her “mistake”. Arrested this week.

A predictable background of trying to build an anti vax, anti lockdowns and climate change denying following, she’s appeared on GB News in the past.

[In the Telegraph etc today].

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You wouldn’t believe the amount of Somalians I see living off the state on my maintenance rounds. They have no intention to work and told me so. Many come for operations and go back home as soon as the NHS have picked up the tab.

One landlord I work for all he wants is immigrant tenants on housing benefit he gets £300 guaranteed a week for a studio flat courtesy of the government, they are happy to live in very basic boxes no bigger than the average bedroom with a shower toilet and small cooking area crammed in.
How the government pay a £300 a week in housing benefit is beyond me, one house as nine of these studios £11k a month and we the tax payer are picking up the tab. There are thousands of similar houses all over London.

To add all the Ukrainian tenants I know all work hard and don’t claim benefits. Lovely polite clean people.
so you make a few bob out of them then, touch

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Brit who retweeted “Ali Al-Shakati was the suspect. He was an asylum seeker who came to the UK by boat last year and was on an MI6 watch list. If this is true, then all hell is about to break loose” was Cheshire businesswoman Bernie Spofforth.

Preemptive, she’s gone to The Times and The Scum to plead her “mistake”. Arrested this week.

A predictable background of trying to build an anti vax, anti lockdowns and climate change denying following, she’s appeared on GB News in the past.

[In the Telegraph etc today].
Into the sea of jail with her, then.

It is amazing how quickly all this gammon entitlement has ended up in a number of bacon sandwiches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The ignorance of many towards other people and their views and experiences is detrimental to the resolution of the protests, and the goal of a civilised, progressive society.

This is all very well, but what are the grievances? What are they?

And how do they justify attempting to burn down asylum seeker 'hotels' and (in Ulster) attack the police again.

I am still looking for this mythical middle ground between rioters and . . . well who? All of the rest of us?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Challenging people's views with facts and taking into account wider contexts than their narrow experiences to draw conclusions is bigotry now?

I have never heard anything so woke. 😂

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
@Justice I was out last night and may have missed your post responding to my question about the immigration status of your Somalians?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I agree with everything you say.

Perhaps (only my view, not speaking for anyone else) the ‘middle ground’ in this mess is recognising there are serious problems in our society and the riots are a symptom of that. That’s not defending the rioters (who must face the full force of the law) but if we take the line that anyone who shares even a part of their views is simply ‘wrong’, ‘scum’ etc then we will never move forward.

The middle ground, to me, is accepting that people have grievances that we may not share but they are real and need to be considered. That does not condone rioting but it maybe says you don’t want it to happen again.
Slightly confused with this.

You are fully agreeing with GB who rightly says there is no middle ground between being a racist or non-racist yet you say we need to accept that anyone that shares the violent and racist views of the rioters, in part or as a whole, are right, in order to move forward?

Well no, it’s not - the rioters were neo-nazis, racist ****s or just violent thugs - take your pick.
Ergo - anyone that ‘shares’ even ‘in part‘ the views and experiences’ of the rioters are the bigots not those of us calling them out.

Visa applications for healthcare workers (and students) have fallen sharply in the past 12 months as a result of policies introduced by the previous government. SKS is not denying that all forms of immigration need to be controlled further but it has to be done in tandem with improving training and employment conditions for the domestic workforce or we will find our service, agricultural and education sectors acutely understaffed.

- so while the far right are still banging on that we are being overrun by migrants just to push their agenda of destroying the conservatives and undermining the democratic process , perhaps those people drinking the Farage-flavoured Kool-Aid, just need to take a breath and look at the facts.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
does anyone know what these grievances are?
They need someone to factually articulate those grievences so the rest of us can understand. Using like logic and evidence and stuff.

... Not you Nige.

Edit: oh and they need to do it without sounding racist.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So what you're saying is your employer is taking tens of thousands of taxpayers money each month and that the shoeboxes he's providing asylum seekers (who aren't allowed to work, the Ukrainians get special fast track dispensations) aren't worth anything like the money he is getting for them.
Christ so many of us have been trained to punch down.
I haven’t met any asylum seekers, I don’t know where you got that from.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wait.

So they are risking life and limb to come unchecked into the country, gain access to the NHS and then flee the country avoiding checks?

But somehow they are also staying in government funded homes in the U..K that you maintain for them?

And they smell?

You appear somewhat confused.
Somalians don’t risk life and limb to get here and are free to go back and forth to visit parents or whatever whenever they like.

I didn’t say anyone smelt? Did you make that bit up?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They need someone to factually articulate those grievences so the rest of us can understand. Using like logic and evidence and stuff.

... Not you Nige.

Edit: oh and they need to do it without sounding racist.
big ask

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As a fan of Linton Kwesi Johnson, I'm minded that it's not how you say it, it's how you convey it.

Fite dem back. And beam me up.

:wink: :thumbsup:
Sonny's Letter was and is a stunning expose of the grief caused by police brutality on the Caribbean communities of the 60's , 70's , 80's. And a beautiful , haunting track musically also.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Tbf to him there’s plenty of reporting that you can find, he’s not a liar

thanks mate , i really can't be bothered .......the fact is there are hundreds if vids of both sides of the argument doing the wrong thing , i find it rather amusing that people from Dorset , Mid -Sussex , Faversham , worthing and the like don't have a problem with mass , illegal immigration ......why would they ....?? Anyway as someone else has said , this subject makes people tense and in a lot of cases downright angry so i'll apologise for being rude , i'm a believer in the divide and conquer manifest and i have fallen into the net .....all the best UTA :ascarf: :

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have a grip, have you got a grip? What are you gripping? Is it a beer bottle?
reality ...?? the situation..?? the figures on some of these graphics are highly questionable , for instance a graphic above displays that currently only 25% of the population of the country were not born in the UK , i find that quite hard to believe as i do the graphic that displays the number of people living in a single dwelling by ethnicity , you can do a lot with averages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here