[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

😀😀😀😀😃

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Guardian has this on it..

21.44 BST
Police have arrested eight people in Croydon on suspicion of assaulting emergency workers, possession of offensive weapons and other offences.
More arrests will follow, the force said, adding that the disruption is “not linked to protest” and that it appears to be “pure antisocial behaviour”.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

21.44 BST
Police have arrested eight people in Croydon on suspicion of assaulting emergency workers, possession of offensive weapons and other offences.
More arrests will follow, the force said, adding that the disruption is “not linked to protest” and that it appears to be “pure antisocial behaviour”.

But why would @worthingseagull123 say

The are problems in Croydon tonight.

There are also pro and anti immigration protests up there as well.

:shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Worst bit of the night

I think anyone with more than two brain cells suspects and hopes that will be the case, but I'd hate to sit at home and then see pictures the next day of a dozen feral tossers smashing stuff and threatening people in my home town because nobody bothered.

I'm thinking it could be a great opportunity to start up an organic, vegan samba band using instruments only made out of lentils and yoghurt if, as expected, there's a lot of proud Brightonians there and no rioters :thumbsup:

There were already two samba bands there :mad:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

21.44 BST
So just a normal night in Croydon

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
BBC reporting that anti-protestors have taken Hastings & Southampton. It's like a landslide on election night.

“Taken”? Suggesting there was a fight/confrontation/battle in both towns. Was there?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wonder if there were more people there from the Right but they simply couldn't get through the crowd so f***ed off home

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Think we can safely say its been a good night for Britain. The rioters been put in their place (many already in cells) and although there may be the odd few pockets of idiots, the far right have been shown the real British people outnumber them by 10s of 1000s to 1🙂

I don’t disagree. Always said they’re a tiny minority. However, I’ve not seen any “rioters” out tonight to be put in there place in towns like Brighton. Was it really ever on so’s to speak? I was amazed Brighton was boarding up shops, I really was. Last place in UK I’d have thought would riot.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
3-far-right-turned-up-v0-hj2jt4h8eahd1.jpeg

Not a great turn out so far.
Always said three at the back has never worked when it comes to Brighton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if there were more people there from the Right but they simply couldn't get through the crowd so f***ed off home
‘Couldn’t get through the crowd’ = saw they were outnumbered, and lost their bottle.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is over isn't it?

How are the far right ever going to mobilise the numbers they need to seriously threaten the police?

This is over and they have lost.

I believe this is the best day our country has had for many many years. The true character of our nation has come out. Brighton has been right in the vanguard of that

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The catalyst isn't Antifa though, is it?

It's Tommy urging his supporters to burn the country and messages on Telegram sharing the addresses of immigrant support centres.

Everyone could have stayed at home were it not for the events of the last nine days or so. To see so many people saying 'no' is actually quite heart warming.

Caveat 1: if any of the counter demonstrators attack police, buildings or people they ARE just as bad. But I don't expect they will (though no doubt there'll be some heavily edited, out of context shite from the fascists).

Caveat 2: law abiding businesses including ALBION KEBABS have still had to board up and lose a night's trade.

Looks like Tommy's lot are done though. Farage's speech writer must currently have the blood pressure of a 200 kg alcoholic. And THAT makes me proud to be British and proud to come from Brighton.

Yep, 100% with you there

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I am absolutely sure that was the case. I saw another couple of groups (maybe half a dozen in total) hanging around well away from the immediate Queen's Road area. A couple of them talking quite openly 'of the f***ing fun they were going to have' as we walked past. I wonder if my appearance gave the incorrect impression that I may be sympathetic to their cause :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here