Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh please, there was never ever a tide, a few larger gatherings and opportunists yeah, the right are happy with just the publicity, and their main threats come from lone wolf like attacks.

This has run its course now, maybe a few clashes in some towns after football on Saturday, but the main threat has subsided.

The arrests/convictions very relevant too imho. As with the decline of football violence, even thicko’s don’t want to be the next idiot who loses liberty, home, family and a job.

It’ll revert, sadly, to the day to day racism of abusing/attacking non-white English shopkeepers, nurses, random people walking along the street.

A few thousand anti’s gathering in metropolitan city centres isn’t the defeat of multiple millions of racists getting their false information from Putin, Trump, Farage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
if the counter-protesters are the only people out there... are they the protesters?
yep,
seriously though, hopefully the very large crowds turning out will make Tommy's pals will realise they've misjudged the mood badly.
They know the mood, don’t be fooled into thinking large crowds turning out against them will make them reconsider their ideology, madness…

Their job is done now, they got the publicity, they got people talking about immigration, they got people questioning if the new labour PM was up to it, sadly they probably got more people join their cause or have empathy with it at least.

remember this is not unique to Britain, Ireland north or southern but the whole of Europe is gradually leaning further and further to the right, they will see themselves as on track.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The arrests/convictions very relevant too imho. As with the decline of football violence, even thicko’s don’t want to be the next idiot who loses liberty, home, family and a job.

It’ll revert, sadly, to the day to day racism of abusing/attacking non-white English shopkeepers, nurses, random people walking along the street.

A few thousand anti’s gathering in metropolitan city centres isn’t the defeat of multiple millions of racists getting their false information from Putin, Trump, Farage.
No, but it puts the lie to this 'silent majority' bollocks.

The low level stuff is going on right now anyway. An Uber one of my wife's staff was a passenger in was stopped in Nottingham at the weekend and the driver abused because he was Asian. Incredibly scary and nowhere near a reported disturbance.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Screenshot_20240806_071814_Facebook.jpg

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
yep,

They know the mood, don’t be fooled into thinking large crowds turning out against them will make them reconsider their ideology, madness…

Their job is done now, they got the publicity, they got people talking about immigration, they got people questioning if the new labour PM was up to it, sadly they probably got more people join their cause or have empathy with it at least.

Do you think so? I think they’ve been quite severely embarrassed here. They gave it everything they’ve got, all out direct conflict with the authorities, who now have catalogued who they are, where they live, and how they get organized.

If they wanted to get the security services attention, they’ve succeeded in that, I’m not sure how much they’ll enjoy it however. I’m proud to be British tonight, and proud of my home town.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm not so sure about that. Hundreds of morons will end up with criminal records. The vast, vast majority of UK citizens will see them as violent idiots who have no place in our society. Personally I think they've damaged their "cause".

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hope there's one of these with the wheres wally guy who's been in all the videos now remanded, hopefully his will come with a bath bomb from lush. The woman in her nighty from Sunderland was it, who joined in after the pub and got raided would be a good collectable too with her bottle of smirnoff ice and a traffic cone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, but it puts the lie to this 'silent majority' bollocks.

The low level stuff is going on right now anyway. An Uber one of my wife's staff was a passenger in was stopped in Nottingham at the weekend and the driver abused because he was Asian. Incredibly scary and nowhere near a reported disturbance.

You’re probably working too hard in the daytime?

LBC’s O’Brien, Fogarty and Feltz take almost wall to wall calls from non White British who get verbally abused and punched for being the wrong ethnicity. Have been for a number of years. Incredibly includes eg Filipina nurses. Asian shops ramsacked.

Numbers involved and their like minded mates … low millions?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Just got back from the protest, all very peaceful. I've got to respectfully disagree with those who think it shouldn't be happening.

After what we've seen the past few days seeing crowds turn against the Far Right in places across the country sends a message not only to the fascists but those they threaten. Solidarity is important imo.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wonder Where all the right wingers are, Either they are all waiting down bond street until it gets darker, Or waiting for the fanfare to thin out.
Yes I'm serious. What is it achieving except inciting potentially more violence and chaos when the police have a plan to deal with it. As per the Argus today, people have also been asked to refrain from counter demos to help the Police. I totally understand the feeling but It's giving them what they want, a fight and judging by those in hoods and masks, there are people there that want just as much disorder as the racists.
The far right are nowhere. The anti-far right are everywhere. It's that simple.
There's a clear message being sent. With a bit of luck, the whole charade over the last week or so will lance the boil. They've cum too early.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just got back from the protest, all very peaceful. I've got to respectfully disagree with those who think it shouldn't be happening.

After what we've seen the past few days seeing crowds turn against the Far Right in places across the country sends a message not only to the fascists but those they threaten. Solidarity is important imo.
Absolutely this.

I feel proud of my city and much of the country tonight. After seeing the carnage caused by these nutters over the last week, it’s great to see that peaceful protests can be so powerful.

Solidarity.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BBC reporting that anti-protestors have taken Hastings & Southampton. It's like a landslide on election night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can't be bothered to read through this thread as there's still people that think there's a point to the riots beyond racism, as Farage, toffs and billionaires laugh at the people venting their rage at decades of neglect on the most vulnerable not those that gained the most from it all. So here's a picture of my lovely neighbours in Walthamstow waiting for the Fascists this evening.

View attachment 186676
Best post of the entire thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here