Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe we should get back on the phone to Rwanda and send these rioting far right knobheads there?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I could point you to hundreds of threads where NSCers have rallied around and supported those in need. This is a community where tremendous amounts of empathy are shown towards others.

Then there are the political-related threads which, sadly, largely mirror much of our broader society. A few people trading virtual blows day in and day out, completely ruining discourse, and meaning most people just steer clear of it - they just don't want to get involved.

I'm currently mulling a few different ideas to try and deal with this age-old problem, again, one of which is to bring back "The Bear Pit", but calling it the more appropriate "Kindergarten", or similar, where the worst offenders on the political threads will be able to carry on their same old arguments, and they'll be thread banned from parallel political threads where, hopefully, the adults will be able to debate free of the children.

Out of interest, how many times have you reported toxicity and trolling to enable the moderating team to review and act? (I know the answer to this question, by the way)
‘Wankers Corner’ ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To you those are the events you are focusing on and concerned with, to me the genuine “events” are the developing trend of random acts of violence being inflicted on the public by the mentally ill this is not the first murderous attack of children we have experienced, it won’t be the last.

The events I mentioned are the events of the last week (which this thread is about). If you want to talk about previous acts of violence too, that's fine by me. What would you like to say about the acts of violence in this country in general?

If you want to conflate this murderous attack on children at a dance class with rising levels of “knife crime” that’s your prerogative.
You said 'events like this'. It was a knife attack so I thought you meant knife attacks. So what sort of events were you referring to?

to me the genuine “events” are the developing trend of random acts of violence being inflicted on the public by the mentally ill
For the wider public the underlying root cause is not mental health, nor is it the prevalence of “curved kitchen knives” in shops/internet or kitchens.

You're not making sense. You just said that for you it's an act of violence by the mentally ill, and then you've contradicted yourself and said the root cause is not mental health.

The politicians, including Farage will not join up the various attacks we have had for very sensible reasons, and in that vacuum the wider public will draw their own conclusions.

So what conclusion will they/you draw? I asked you what the root cause of all the stabbings were. Do you have an answer?

We know who they are, they will be on the Sir Huw Edwards thread of various football teams’ message boards up and down the country pontificating how cruel the criticism of him was when he was “mentally ill”.

Could you quote some of the posts on this football forum that say that Huw Edwards was treated cruelly, when he was mentally ill? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just thought people here were against Huw and his crimes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've been out the country on holiday since this began so maybe I'm missing information here but aren't the facts basically that a very mentally ill young man killed three small children.
His ethnicity, religion or immigration status don't seem relevant to that.
He used a knife, but that's not really relevant as it's not a carrying for protection/respect thing in this case and unless we want to have all food pre pulped and only eat with spoons it's impossible to prevent access to blades with lethal potential.
Any protest arising from this tragedy that isn't about the parlous state of mental health services is at the very least misguided. This is just the most recent and possibly most tragic of a long list of killings which may have been preventable if Thatcher hadn't closed most of our mental health facilities. (Apologies to those triggered by Thatcher bashing, I know she had some positives but it's amazing how many problems were born under her stewardship)

No one here has any insight into the killer.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No one here has any insight into the killer.
What has been listed is facts isn’t it. History of mental illness etc. thankfully we are not America because it sounds similar to Same age kids who shoot up schools in America.

When the rioters have lost the daily express the clues are there.

If this people are protesting then do it peacefully. In reality they are all wearing masks because they are there for other reasons. How very British of them. Shameful.

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 58

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
What has been listed is facts isn’t it. History of mental illness etc. thankfully we are not America because it sounds similar to Same age kids who shoot up schools in America.

If this people are protesting then do it peacefully. In reality they are all wearing masks because they are there for other reasons. How very British of them. Shameful.
Oh that'll be the Daily Express that has done more than most to stir up hatred over the last few years. Don't know how they have the nerve.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Facts :lolol: . Hard to find these days. There was a nsc pile on recently about some innocents attacked by police at Manchester Airport.

The dangers of media and social media in 2024. The masses on the left and right demand instant ‘facts’ for confirmation bias.

Jul 20, 2003
Presumably the knobbers will attack the fire brigade next, for having the temerity to try to put out their fires...

I'm assuming that they are setting fire to police stations and looting shops to protect children.

Patriots.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

When we all agree with the Daily Express, at least we know there are things that can bring us together.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Facts :lolol: . Hard to find these days. There was a nsc pile on recently about some innocents attacked by police at Manchester Airport.

The dangers of media and social media in 2024. The masses on the left and right demand instant ‘facts’ for confirmation bias.
Who said they were innocent at any point? I don’t think anyone did. The disagreement was about whether police should take law into their own hands. The right supported cops to defend themselves. Until this week they hate them again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm assuming that they are setting fire to police stations and looting shops to protect children.

Patriots.
They are. Their own kids. If daddy gets locked up that will be the biggest bonus they could ever have.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who said they were innocent at any point? I don’t think anyone did. The disagreement was about whether police should take law into their own hands. The right supported cops to defend themselves. Until this week they hate them again.

A court of law will be highly interested in the previous series of left hooks. Edited out in the post from the original shit stirrer online. The court of NSC jumped on the edited snipped as sacrosanct.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Moderators doing a good job. This forum will not be worse off if some of the posters posting right wing Farage supporting nonsense decide it’s too ‘loony left’ for them. Their loss will be this forum’s gain.

If you want your views to mirror what was happening in 1930s Germany, then expect robust rigorous challenge. Don’t expect any place of moderate views to be a welcoming place for the politics of hate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Astonishing comments in there.

I’m absolutely convinced a lot of these agitators are foreign, possibly even Russian govt backed or similar.

Picked up and broadcast but easily led English simpletons

Great news in this day and age so many of the perpetrators in these clips are being named very quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here