raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A word of advice, and apologies if I posted it some days ago; the old short term memory was never a thing of beauty.

If you have had the all clear but they suggested to do some PSA follow up, you will need to arrange it yourself. Put a note in your diary to book the test, 6 months after the 'all clear', then yearly.

I hadn't realized so, 2 years after the all clear, on a routine GP visit, I asked why I hadn't been called in for follow up. Doh! They 'sorted me out' quickly and the level is a bit high (5 I think they said) so I have already had an MRI (which I don't mind - nodded off FFS!).

You have to be proactive.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A word of advice, and apologies if I posted it some days ago; the old short term memory was never a thing of beauty.

If you have had the all clear but they suggested to do some PSA follow up, you will need to arrange it yourself. Put a note in your diary to book the test, 6 months after the 'all clear', then yearly.

I hadn't realized so, 2 years after the all clear, on a routine GP visit, I asked why I hadn't been called in for follow up. Doh! They 'sorted me out' quickly and the level is a bit high (5 I think they said) so I have already had an MRI (which I don't mind - nodded off FFS!).

You have to be proactive.
All the best Mike 😊

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex

We also need to push for a national screening programme. Sign the petition, I have 👍
Signed and shared

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Final total raised for those that kindly sponsored me, offered words of encouragement, or both, was £2,206 and I completed 201 miles of the 100 mile challenge walk in May for Prostate Cancer Research UK.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After a routine MRI I am now invited to pop in for the biopsy exercise, this Sunday. Bit worrying.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I've got my 3 month follow up on Tuesday next week after my 4D Brachytherapy treatment. They only want a 20 minute phone conversation so hopefully the PSA levels are stable or falling from the las t (4.8 ) and everything is groovy. I feel good and upbeat about things. Best of luck and health to everyone on this thread and beyond!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here