Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prosser or Cook today - who's the worst?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Cook got everything right today except perhaps the first Elphick booking.
Lets face it eveyone knew Elphick was going to go as soon as he went straight through their player.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
what about the handball in the first half where seemingly the whole southstand called a penalty,
what about bottling sending off their centre back, as mentioned before,

& most annoyingly although not a refereeing decision WHAT ABOUT THE WINKS, SMILES BACKSLAPPING & HANDSHAKES BETWEEN THE STOCKPORT PLAYERS & OFFICIALS DURING & AFTER THE GAME?

one thing i almost forgot, how far off the line was fon williams when he saved the penalty?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thought he got most decisions correct except our penalty. It never was. He also tried to keep the game flowing by not blowing up immediatley and looking to see if it was better to play the advantage. Most times he got it right. Where I thought he failed was in not sending off Stockport's centre back already on a yellow when he fowled Dickinson. Oh, and Wanderbus cites the not given handball in the first half when all the South Stand went up. Yes we did, but all around me admitted it was ball to hand but worth a shout.
So, in my book Ref not to blame. Now if you are looking for blame when will our defence stop backing off and put in a tackle? Game after game we let the opposition run into our box from their half. Our problem is not poor refereeing.
Last season at this point despite us being at the top of the table I said we looked like a relegation side. New manager, new players and we still look like a relegation side.

Sorry, but I think it was a definite pen as, although Dickinson went to ground easily, it was still a foul.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't blame the ref whatsoever yesterday. Prosser on the other hand I struggle to believe will ever be beaten as the worst referee to grace a football pitch.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Aside from the Elphick first yellow the other decisions given were spot on however my problem was with the decisions he did not make. In the 1st half there were 3 or 4 challenges by Stockport players on Dickenson that warranted yellow cards. There were countless other examples of their players approaching the ref and lineman disputing decisions with only 1 card given. If he had been consistant in his handing out of cards we could have been 9 on 9 in the end especially their number six who somehow managed to stay on the pitch after a catalogue of fouls in key areas.

In summary I thought he was inconsistant and I did not get the feeling he had any control over the players or game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My issue with Cook is that he lost control of the game. It was clear that someone would be sent off after fifteen minutes, by then three players had been booked. Yesterdays match was not a dirty one, yet three players got sent off. Their sending off was unnecesary, as the first booking whilst a foul should have been a warning. It was his first tackle. Elphick's first yellow should also have been a warning, players will go in with the keeper in that situation every time. As for Hawkins he probably did us favour by sending him off, at least he won't be playing in the next game.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This referee was absolutely dire.There was hardly a bad tackle in the game,but he had his book out for such minor infringements that red cards became inevitable.Spoiled the game.I've no qualms about an Albion defeat (having seen plenty in 50 years)but these officials seem more and more to want to be the centre of attention.

I was sorry to miss the circus on my visit to Hove,but I was even more aggrieved to see the football league sent a Clown to officiate at our game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here