Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Property Prices...The Great North/South Divide!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
In some areas of the north property prices are going up at a faster rate than down south especially those that have good links with London. Leeds prices are comparable with Sussex now although just ten miles away the prices drop considerably.
We bought a house in 95 for 36K and sold it in 2004 for 85K which percentage wise is a big jump. We managed to buy an equivalent house here (Newhaven) for £137K then. The view here is wonderful and we have a direct link to London via train.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One more interest rate hike and the property crash will be upon us - £75k for a one bedroom flat in Brighton, bring it on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We managed to buy an equivalent house here (Newhaven) for £137K then. The view here is wonderful.

Yes, but it's still Newhaven. :jester:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
How typical of a Born Again Christian to patronize a Christian who hasn't just jumped on a God Bothering Bandwagon. No wonder so many people deride religion in all it's forms, if you can't show some unity within your own faith then it just shows what a load of crap it is.

Oh, and before you start the 'ignorance' refrain let be just let you know that I am a happily relapsed Catholic who was force fed Christianity at an early age but was thankfully intelligent enough to realize what what a load of bollocks all religion is.

I have no interest what your belief's are that is why we live in a world..where we can believe what we wish.

If you check back through the posts and the thread starting..where in the title or anywhere did I start with..im a born again christian and so should you be??

I didnt even mention it..due to the fact this is a thread about property prices, is it not?

You think its intelligence..I think its a big mistake, of course its not for everyone and me for one would have said the same a couple of years ago.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have no interest what your belief's are that is why we live in a world..where we can believe what we wish.

If you check back through the posts and the thread starting..where in the title or anywhere did I start with..im a born again christian and so should you be??

I didnt even mention it..due to the fact this is a thread about property prices, is it not?

You think its intelligence..I think its a big mistake, of course its not for everyone and me for one would have said the same a couple of years ago.

It's the fact that you, like the vast majority of 'Born Again Hypocrites' feel the need to insult 'real' Christians. I think you're an idiot in truth but that's your choice, being a hypocrite just comes with the territory. This thread diverted when you started to get personal. I can easily accept the delusions of others just as long as they don't start getting ideas that they are better because their insane thinking fools them into thinking they're right. Sadly, it's only when they die they find out that this is no God.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another christian war brewing. I'm too much of a pacifist to be religious.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It's the fact that you, like the vast majority of 'Born Again Hypocrites' feel the need to insult 'real' Christians. I think you're an idiot in truth but that's your choice, being a hypocrite just comes with the territory. This thread diverted when you started to get personal. I can easily accept the delusions of others just as long as they don't start getting ideas that they are better because their insane thinking fools them into thinking they're right. Sadly, it's only when they die they find out that this is no God.

You really shouldnt tare me with the same brush as others. I believe what I want and so do you. I havent insulted anyone. But I get annoyed when a thread about property prices turns against me because of views on God..It not right and as far as im concerned is bang out of order.

Me getting personal, dont make me laugh.

Where did I say I was better, point that bit out for me?

So you know that when you die you go no-where and there is no god? How exactly have you come about this great knowledge?

Looking back over the thread I don't think it was BYF who started getting personal first. Don't get me wrong I am not a born again lover but a lapsed Catholic like yourself Mr Express, but I do think BYF was attacked first on this thread not the other way round.
Back on topic.
I was lucky enough to buy my house just when the prices started going silly in 1998. I think where I live in Hanover though that the prices are not good value for money, it's dirty and there is nowhere to park! My girlfriend has just moved down from the North and she says we go on about northern slums! If you want value for money in the Brighton area now you have to move out to the suburbs I think. One thing I will say for Hanover though is that the pubs are great, it's near the city centre and the community spirit is good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How typical of a Born Again Christian to patronize a Christian who hasn't just jumped on a God Bothering Bandwagon. No wonder so many people deride religion in all it's forms, if you can't show some unity within your own faith then it just shows what a load of crap it is.

Oh, and before you start the 'ignorance' refrain let be just let you know that I am a happily relapsed Catholic who was force fed Christianity at an early age but was thankfully intelligent enough to realize what what a load of bollocks all religion is.

Ah! The Great Lapsed Christian / Born Again Christian Divide - always good for a laugh :D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am sure that there are fair chunks of the north where property prices are roughly equivalent to the south, the better parts of cities like Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle, plus vast tracts of Cheshire. There will always be places where prices remain unbelievably cheap, you can probably buy a street in places like Stoke, Sheffield (not the areas with a temporary water frontage) or Birkenhead for less than a two bed flat in Hove...but that probably goes without saying.

There is definitely a north south divide, but this can also exist on a more local basis, the house I live in in Gloucester would probably cost almost half as much again if it were located in Cheltenham, which is a mere 7 miles away. I am sure the same could be said of different parts of Brighton and Hove. I spent last night in Kensington where a smallish 2 bed flat would set you back about half a million...that really is crazy money.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here