Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proof we're a small club?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Rather ridiculous celebration levels considering we took a Man City reserve side to penalties and by winning all we have achieved is another home game against Derby?

Great result, great night, but a bit OTT don't you think? Pitch invasions, Argus special, billions of nsc threads?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Rather ridiculous celebration levels considering we took a Man City reserve side to penalties and by winning all we have achieved is another home game against Derby?

Great result, great night, but a bit OTT don't you think? Pitch invasions, Argus special, billions of nsc threads?

So no other team in League 1 would celebrate after beating one of the best teams outside the top 4. It was not their reserve team as they had Zabaleta, Dunne, Jo, Ireland and Kompany who all played at the weekend and Ball, Johnson, Ben Haim and Fernandes all squad regulars. How is that a reserve team?

Why do people have to be negative even after such a good result?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see the other "miserable bastard" thread seems to have been deleted. I suppose this is the replacement then.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

How many times do Brighton get the opportunity to a) play a Premiership side and b) actually beat them?

You have to enjoy the happy moments when they come because you never know when the next one will occur. Good on the celebrations it was a great night for the club.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Um, lets be honest, we had Fraser, Loft and a youth teamer play at least 45 minutes. Not exactly players in the first 11 people would have expected at the beginning of the year, thats for sure.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Fair enough if it was a semi-final, a play-off game, a title win or even a bloody Paint trophy final win, but really, it's fairly meaningless.

Cracking game though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We are Brighton that's all that matters.

However it was a FANTASTIC result against some world class players and undoubtedly a top level team.

What he said.

Why do some always feel the need to piss on our parade?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh shut up you misery guts, what about the national coverage, back of every newspaper, excited kids and first/not been for a while timers. I assume you wont bother getting a Derby ticket then, leave it for a real football fan

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

because we beat the richest club in the world, who played there second most expensive player and a host of regular first team players whilst we were without two of our most influential players in Hawkins and Forster

AND

we won at home

that's why!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
because we beat the richest club in the world, who played there second most expensive player and a host of regular first team players whilst we were without two of our most influential players in Hawkins and Forster

AND

we won at home

that's why!

Also without McLeod who has been very influential for us in midfield when he has played.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This result was reported worldwide in newspapers and TV , the mighty Man City (richest club in the world) humbled by the Albion in a cup match proving that real football dreams still exist.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

You must be a barrel of laughs in the puib.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Of course we're a "small club" !....and Man City are now officially one of the big boys.

That's the whole point of last nights celebrations !!! I won't entertain the 'reserves' argument either.

As I said to my 9yr old as we joined the pitch invasion - " Your prem glory hunter mates at school won't get nights like this ! "

I'm proud to support a "small club" and all that goes with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here