Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promotion

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If we have a cheeky flirt with the play offs it would be brilliant, lets just see what happens. Who knows, we could lose the next 2 and it will be doom and gloom on here again!

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Give me yo-yo team over building a club to settle for mid prem mediocrity any day.
Being a premiership also-ran is no life for a footie fan,who wants to consolidate and be a poor mans Everton?

And the money would be go too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'd become the whipping boys. Are we really ready to go up?
No, but don't worry, we won't. If we do make it in the next few years, we'll need to buy new players anyway, promoted sides generally need to strengthen their squad, but right now we're just a mid table championship side (currently flattered by the league position).

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
What a silly, arrogant thread. You still need 18-22 points to be certain of staying up!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be honest i thought we were crap today yet we still won. We are winning games without actually having to get out of 3rd gear. A few weeks ago we were looking like we were in free fall now we are one of the divisions form teams again. The play offs is definately achievable , when we really start to get our act together we can really damage teams in this division. If we had a fully fit squad then we have a potential top 5 team, with a couple of additions in January then we could achieve the impossible

I agree with this, we have won three out our last four and quite frankly we have been pretty crap, in all honesty. So I take great heart in where we find ourselves in the table. When Lualua gets a run of games under his belt and Buckley's problems are behind him. Hoskins and Cms upfront is what Gus is desprate to get together.....I honestly would be surprised if we see anything of Vicente, i personally think he should f*** off back to Spain tbh for all the good he has done....I see top six as a real possibility, we can play a lot better than the last four games and we have still been winning games.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
What a silly, arrogant thread. You still need 18-22 points to be certain of staying up!

pretty sure it is obvious the OP is indulging in speculation not arrogance. the vocabulary of some fans is so boring. without the words 'arrogant', 'deluded' and 'plastic' I'm not sure many would have any descriptive words left at all.

please refrain from stalking around our message board to make hysterical lying claims / wilful misrepresentations

honestly just f*** off

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I honestly think it's a possibility. The Championship is a very unpredictable league - proved today by bottom club Doncaster beating leaders Southampton. There's so many teams left disappointed at the end of a season and the last week in football has shown that life is tragically too short.

Promotion could happen. Norwich are an example to follow and have been a breath of fresh air to the Premier League. I reckon they'll avoid going straight back down.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Where as you need 8-10000 fans to keep up with us.
Small town club in a big big city.

JCL's. You must be so, so proud!

Ask any neautral who they see as the bigger club mate and there's only one team that would be mentioned. I'll give you a clue...it's not Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Id rather we went up in 2013 or 2014.
Too many players would need to be replaced.
Look at the quality of Jara - he ain't good enough for any of the PL 20 clubs to want as first or second choice right back, but he's as good as any of our players & is class.
I don't mind being patient, and just enjoying watching Gus build the Club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really am getting sick of these threads. IF we get promoted then we ARE good enough to get promoted and we'd obviosupy completely change the team anyway.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
pretty sure it is obvious the OP is indulging in speculation not arrogance. the vocabulary of some fans is so boring. without the words 'arrogant', 'deluded' and 'plastic' I'm not sure many would have any descriptive words left at all.

please refrain from stalking around our message board to make hysterical lying claims / wilful misrepresentations

honestly just f*** off

I've seen your posts before and you're always so angry!? Think you need to get some help for that or go out and get laid.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

You quite clearly forget 2004

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
JCL's. You must be so, so proud!

Ask any neautral who they see as the bigger club mate and there's only one team that would be mentioned. I'll give you a clue...it's not Brighton.

No NEUTRAL ever speaks about croydons scum-they just laugh

And shouldn't you be out robbing a few shops-burning the odd furniture store down?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
So we're in the Play-Off zone, we've got 12 points from the last 15 and clearly the club wants to go up. The team today would have been crucified in the Premiership.

Take, for example, the following:
Man City 5 against Norwich
Blackburn 4 against Swansea
Arsenal 4 against Wigan
Chelsea 3 against Newcastle
Spurs 3 against Bolton

We'd become the whipping boys. Are we really ready to go up? Don't get me wrong, I want to see us in the Prem and eventually in Europe(!) but today's result simply papered over the cracks, as did the win against Derby.

Or should we prepare ourselves to become a WBA type yo-yo club?!

Pesonaly i think the play off`s should be done away with, any team that comes 6th in the division does not deserve promotion.But the 90 or so million means you have to take it, even if you lose week in week out and are cannon fodder.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No NEUTRAL ever speaks about croydons scum-they just laugh

And shouldn't you be out robbing a few shops-burning the odd furniture store down?

Yes, of course everyone does that if their from Croydon. Just like everyone in Brighton does drugs or is gay. What an utter tool you are.

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Christ, your infesting this thread as well. Brighton fans talking ON OUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD about being in a play off position and dreaming about what would happen at the end of the season if we were in the same position SHOCKER. Oh how terribly arrogant of us. And how terribly f***ing boring of you. Fool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here