Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promotion to this division

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So who do we want promoted then?

I think Hartlepool will win it. They're far too good for that division. And I quite fancy seeing Swindon again - some quality banter there for sure.
Finally - Wycombe and Walsall - nice easy away trips.

Definitely NOT MKDons and their new ground. For far too many reasons, although wouldn't mind getting them in a Cup.

He's short, he's toss
He's fourth division dross
Leon Knight, Leon Knight

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would welcome MK Dons more than anyone as it would be a fantastic away game for abuse

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Peterborough would be nice, not that they look like making it though.

I quite like the trip to Wycombe, so them too.

And whatever the rights and wrongs of Franchise FC, it would be amusing to turn up en-masse to their giant new stadium, and listen to our singing echoing around the 22,000 empty seats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a very inspiring bunch of opponents are they, we really need to concentrate on getting into the playoffs I reckon :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Peterborough would be nice, not that they look like making it though.

I quite like the trip to Wycombe, so them too.

And whatever the rights and wrongs of Franchise FC, it would be amusing to turn up en-masse to their giant new stadium, and listen to our singing echoing around the 22,000 empty seats.

I think they get bigger crowds than us though don't they???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hartlepool - usually a good day out, and it would see the return of danny wilson AND richie barker:bowdown:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I think they get bigger crowds than us though don't they???

About 6000 per game at the moment I think.

Which still leaves a lot of space in a 30,000 seater stadium. Still, at least they'll have an IKEA next door if the football gets a bit dull.

Darlington seems to be the biggest white elephant of all the new stadiums. Theirs holds 26,000, and their crowd last Saturday was something like 2,700.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
would like Torquay as got family down there but looking a tad unlikley

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
edna krabappel said:

What would be more pleasing is if about 2000 of us turned up, and didn't go in. Just make loads of noise outside, cheer the team on from the car park. And f*** the franchise FC, they won't be getting any of my money.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Superphil said:
What would be more pleasing is if about 2000 of us turned up, and didn't go in. Just make loads of noise outside, cheer the team on from the car park. And f*** the franchise FC, they won't be getting any of my money.

Move on FFS!:yawn:

Last edited:

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
edna krabappel said:
About 6000 per game at the moment I think.

Which still leaves a lot of space in a 30,000 seater stadium. Still, at least they'll have an IKEA next door if the football gets a bit dull.

Darlington seems to be the biggest white elephant of all the new stadiums. Theirs holds 26,000, and their crowd last Saturday was something like 2,700.

They're struggling to get even 6000 atm. Just over 5000 there tuesday night.

And they wont be getting anywhere near promotion if they carry on playing as shit as they did on tuesday. (yes i was there. Purely for abusing Leon Knight purposes you must understand!!)

Their new stadium is pretty impressive though, saw it the other day, its coming on nicely.

I want them to get promoted, so i can rip it out of the many franchise fans i know when we Outsing them, and then THRASH them about 15-0 :clap2:

As far as other teams, swindon would be good. and any other shortish away trips.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have some friends who were Dons fans, OK , they have AFC now, but it's not exactly league football is it.

Hey, till we finally get a new ground, you can't rule out the possibility that it could happen to us, if for some reason Kelly says no, the board are f***ed, and ripe for a franchise type takeover. Basingstoke and Andover Albion or Guildford Gulls anyone? So long as that is the case, I 'll not forgive or forget.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hopefully Walsall, have driven past their ground countless times and would like a decent reason to go there, plus it is only an hour up the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here