Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promise me Falmer will be NOTHING like stadium:mk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
f***ing shite atmosphere less stadium. It all feels fake to me, just like MK dongs. Give me Southend and Orient away over that shite ANY TIME. :clap:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the official crowd was 12200. there were actually about 7.5k in there.

spinmeister chariman pete winkleman likes to big everything up, so he includes all season ticket sales in the attendance, even if they're not there!!!

Is this actually true? Where do you get this info drom?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I thought most clubs routinely included season tickets in the attendance, regardless of whether they actually turn up or not.

I know they do at the rugby in Bath.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was shocked when they said it was a 12k attendance. Didn't look like that many at all.

I didn't like the place either. While the seats were very good and the concourse was a bit different, the rest of it just seemed a bit dull and souless. It doesn't help that the top tier isn't finished but overall I think it summed MkDons up as a club in general, very very bland.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
the official crowd was 12200. there were actually about 7.5k in there.

spinmeister chariman pete winkleman likes to big everything up, so he includes all season ticket sales in the attendance, even if they're not there!!!

If that's the case, that club is even more plastic and has sunk to a new level.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thing with the season ticket holders explains a lot to me. I know all clubs include ST holders in the attendance because they've already sold the seats, but even so, the number in that stadium was nowhere NEAR 12,000 on Saturday. Are they saying several thousand ST holders (do they even have that many??) didn't turn up?

All rather suspicious, I think.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I can't imagine the atmosphere at Falmer being lost because not only is the shape/curve of the roof endemic to keeping the sound in, but the bowl-shaped pitch of the land there which houses the recess of the ground means that the wind will whip over the roof and never carry the sound away.

Also we've fought like buggery to get the ground; the sense of achievement we get for just sitting there will release genuine proper emotion. If you move your family from a 100yr old terraced house to a new build on the edge of a town, it might not seem to have the memories or character, but you're no less of a family, and you'll learn to love it because of all the amazing experiences you have there. That's my thinking on it, anyway.

It will be, in every sense, fantastic. (IMHO)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Granted they are a nothing team but surely the atmosphere wasn't helped by there being absolutely nothing on the game. I imagine if it was Falmer with two teams with nothing to play for we would struggle to generate much of an atmosphere either

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I can't imagine the atmosphere at Falmer being lost because not only is the shape/curve of the roof endemic to keeping the sound in, but the bowl-shaped pitch of the land there which houses the recess of the ground means that the wind will whip over the roof and never carry the sound away.

Also we've fought like buggery to get the ground; the sense of achievement we get for just sitting there will release genuine proper emotion. If you move your family from a 100yr old terraced house to a new build on the edge of a town, it might not seem to have the memories or character, but you're no less of a family, and you'll learn to love it because of all the amazing experiences you have there. That's my thinking on it, anyway.

It will be, in every sense, fantastic. (IMHO)
What he said :thumbsup:

May 2, 2010
these purpose built out of town state of the art stadia are all soulless bereft of atmosphere unless they are packed to the rafters week in week out with the fans really rising to the occasion, re Ashburton Grove and Wemberly, you could walk past either on a match day and not even know a game was being played, the fans are all slightly positioned further away form the action thus making it even harder to maintain a partisan atmosphere, I think the only new purpose built ground that manages to do it is The Allianz Arena that is guaranteed to be packed week in week out, if your team goes through a relegation or a dip in form and causes general indifference the same will happen to Falmer where only small parts of the stadium will be allowed to be opened and the away end when on a wet February when Darlington or some other club form a Northern outpost will consist of a man and his dog and a couple of spastics in wheel chairs, many criticise the hole that is Selhurst but it can make a hell of a grand noise

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here