Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Project

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Getting probably irrationally but increasingly annoyed by the use of the word "project" by players and managers.

Why did you come to Brighton ? I was attracted by the project... Etc.

I've noticed the new Southampton coach using the same expression. Is it a Spanish thing that just comes over a bit odd in translation ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not just Spanish. These days you definitely need a project at your "football club" or at least be aware of what you are "trying to do" at your "football club"...

We of course have our "identity" at our "football club"...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isn't it the same as all TV talent show contestants going on a "journey" and similar such bullshit?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Getting probably irrationally but increasingly annoyed by the use of the word "project" by players and managers.

Why did you come to Brighton ? I was attracted by the project... Etc.

I've noticed the new Southampton coach using the same expression. Is it a Spanish thing that just comes over a bit odd in translation ?

I've heard it mentioned quite a bit in the EPL as well :moo:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the OP should start a project to get back to the Amex and watch us ?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Isn't it the same as all TV talent show contestants going on a "journey" and similar such bullshit?

Its probably the latest buzzword. Along with:

Relentless
Talent
Going forward
Managing expectations

ect ect...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I project a fun time tonight here on NSC - now did i use the word in a different way then?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder how long until a manager will be given the role of 'Project Manager' rather than manager. Would have saved Southampton a bit of bother if Adkins' job was publicly stated as getting the club from League One to Premier League. Mission accomplished, Southampton could thank him for job done and then launch their next project of becoming a cosmopolitan, glamourous Premier League powerhouse.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm more annoyed by the CONSTANT use of moment. It's been used so much by foreign managers that English people are starting to use it totally out of context too now, like Gary Neville. "This is a very difficult moment for them". Really annoys me, it isn't good English!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nothing is as bad as using 'medal' as a verb.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd work on the one liners a bit more to be honest.

I genuinely thought it was funny,back to the drawing board,or maybe i could view it via a projector...........coat on

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Isn't there a club on West Street called Project?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here