Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably way behind the drag curve....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Just had this from my uncle.....

Thank you for your recent e-mail about the legal challenge to John Prescott's decision on the planning application for Falmer Stadium.

The Council has decided to challenge John Prescott's decision in the High Court because it conflicts with his own government's planning guidance designed to protect Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty against this sort of development and because a number of important planning issues were either overlooked, or were not properly considered.

Before deciding to challenge the decision, the Cabinet of Lewes District Council took independent legal advice from a barrister. They also took account of the fact that two independent and highly experienced Planning Inspectors strongly recommended against the Falmer site.

The District Council has never argued that the Albion should not have a new stadium and believes there are alternative sites available which are more suitable for this development.

We estimate the total costs of the High Court challenge for ourselves and John Prescott to be a maximum of £65,000. If we win it will cost us nothing. If we lose it will cost us that sum.

Falmer Parish Council has committed £30,000
Lewes District Council has committed £25,000
The Society Downs Society has committed £5,000
The Joint Committee for the South Downs has committed £5,000

We have received many e-mails, some of which contain general comments for or against the decision and some of which contained questions.
We will preserve all the e-mails that we receive and they will receive consideration. Because many of the e-mails contained similar questions, we have published the answers on our website. If further questions come in, the answers will also be published on our website.

You can find the answers by going to our website www.lewes.gov.uk and choosing the 'Falmer decision' item in the 'Popular Pages' section. That will take you immediately to the 'Frequently Asked Questions section. You can also find any press releases that the Council issues on the website.

If you do not have access to a computer at home your local library will be able to give you access to a computer and find the website for you.

Yours sincerely

John Crawford (WANKER)
Chief Executive
tel 01273 484170
Fax 01273 484203
john.crawford@lewes

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Unless I too am a long way behind the drag curve, isn't that the first time the breakdown of expenditure has been published?

If so, what are they going to do when the costs go over £65,000 (which of course they will)? Have they made provision for this? Doubtless Lord Bracknell will be going in two-footed, studs showing about this tomorrow in council chambers.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tom Hark said:
Rougvie, did you just make that 'way behind the drag curve' thing up? :lol:

No, I just got back from IRELAND and hadnt been on here for a few days so thought it was probably OLD news.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
magoo said:
that's your uncle is it?

go and tell your dad he 'touched' you. for a laugh!

No my uncle is a resident of LEWES, not the council chief (although I could still tell my dad that he touched me for a GIGGLE)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rougvie said:
You can find the answers by going to our website and choosing the 'Falmer decision' item in the 'Popular Pages' section.

Shouldn't that be 'Unpopular pages'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here