Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

probably get in trouble sharing this but....

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
... an unemployed family of 6 in Brighton picked up their monthly prescription food from a pharmacy today and cost the tax-payer £9,500.

I am holding my words but that is more than my yearly food bill that I pay for.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
... an unemployed family of 6 in Brighton picked up their monthly prescription food from a pharmacy today and cost the tax-payer £9,500.

That's a bitter pill to take.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
they eat more per head as most people get paid. And it's on the tax payer.

it has to be a fiddle, how can the doctor sign that off? You shouldn't be able to get food on the NHS.

I was behind them in the queue and the cheeky cow even wanted it delivered like she was at Tesco's.

No wonder they are unemployed if they get all that free, there's no need to work.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Sorry if I'm being thick here, or perhaps had a glass too many of wine, but what is "monthly prescription food from a pharmacy"?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The problem is the last government has produced a generation of spongers and scroungers that these wasters and liberal lefties alike think that this is totally acceptable and the norm. They think the state should pay for anything and everything!!!!

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Coeliac or wheat intolerant? It may cost a lot, but it tastes awful! Doesn't make it right though, the Dr needs to have a word with himself...

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Really? not the normal practice for dispensing from a prescription? and how did they carry it home?

she asked for it to be delivered but it wasn't that much, and it was all on prescription, she had a handful of them, 50 or so. the girls said she's does it every month when I moaned after she left for holding me up.

it was pasta, pizza bases, burger rolls, hot-dog rolls.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
blame f***ing brown and blair and the rest off the new labour twats:tosser: and the well off lefties on here that have no f***ing idea that backed them.Labour have f***ed this country for ever with their open policy and buying votes for scroungers by giving them benefits galore c u n t s and I hope the english never forgive them for destroying their country

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
As a Coeliac I am entitled to a small amount of Gluten-free food on prescription every month. I have a Pre-paid prescription certificate which costs £10.50 per month, and the food I get would cost around £30 if bought at a supermarket.
There is no way that a family could get thousands of pounds worth of food on prescription as the amount allowed per person is regulated.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
As a Coeliac I am entitled to a small amount of Gluten-free food on prescription every month. I have a Pre-paid prescription certificate which costs £10.50 per month, and the food I get would cost around £30 if bought at a supermarket.
There is no way that a family could get thousands of pounds worth of food on prescription as the amount allowed per person is regulated.

I'm not making it up, honest! It just sounds so unbelievable.

but thanks for confirming my guess the doctor is breaking rules or they are on the fiddle so I'll report it.

how much is it if you weren't paying?

Celiac or coeliac ... living gluten-free with Free From

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
she asked for it to be delivered but it wasn't that much, and it was all on prescription, she had a handful of them, 50 or so. the girls said she's does it every month when I moaned after she left for holding me up.

it was pasta, pizza bases, burger rolls, hot-dog rolls.

not £9500 worth then...

It's more expensive than 'normal' food, but not THAT much...

The problem is the last government has produced a generation of spongers and scroungers that these wasters and liberal lefties alike think that this is totally acceptable and the norm. They think the state should pay for anything and everything!!!!

There have been scroungers ever since the benefits system started, don't try and pin it on the last lot, people have been conning the system under Labour and Tories.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
then the pharmacists adding skills cost the taxpayer 9500 quid.

either way, it's still a bloody piss-take.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
then the pharmacists adding skills cost the taxpayer 9500 quid.

either way, it's still a bloody piss-take.

Surely, it it's a prescription then they'd get charged the prescription price?

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
blame f***ing brown and blair and the rest off the new labour twats:tosser: and the well off lefties on here that have no f***ing idea that backed them.Labour have f***ed this country for ever with their open policy and buying votes for scroungers by giving them benefits galore c u n t s and I hope the english never forgive them for destroying their country
f*** off you cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here