Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pro-hunt demonstrators.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Now, I couldn't really give much of a toss either way about hunting really, but the demonstrators are beginning to piss me off.
Bunch of barbour wearing, chinless, upper class, hooray henrys & henriettas.

Don't they realise there's more important things going on in the world at the moment?

We don't bloody care! :salute:

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
smudge said:
Now, I couldn't really give much of a toss either way about hunting really, but the demonstrators are beginning to piss me off.
Bunch of barbour wearing, chinless, upper class, hooray henrys & henriettas.

Don't they realise there's more important things going on in the world at the moment?

We don't bloody care! :salute:

I expect a lot of people are getting fecked of with us for keep banging on about Falmer and campaigning for falmer.

They don't care either.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I still want to know who they polled to get that "59% of the public are against a ban" claim since public opinion generally is against fox hunting.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Rangdo said:
I still want to know who they polled to get that "59% of the public are against a ban" claim since public opinion generally is against fox hunting.

I’d like to know where they get all their votes’ from, for their polls, whether it's on asylum, war, education, etc.

I've never been asked to vote in any polls or know of any other person who's been asked too.

Can anyone shed any light on this myth?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pollsters take a sample. they pitch up in a bunch of town centres, phone a selection of numbers or post a load of questionaires.

Good polls will deliberatly try to get a fair and representitive cross section of the population. Bad polls will deliberatly sample from areas they know will give the result their client is looking for. Go to a dozen market towns on market day a couple of times and ask 100 people your question on fox hunting - what do you reckon the result would be?

In truth, most people dont really give a fly f*** for or against fox hunting in the grand scheme of things. but word your question in a certain way and the dont know/dont care anwsers can be put into the for/against catagories as the pollster requires.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I think fox hunting is cruel. But in fairness to them their sport, past time and living is on the line. Wouldn't we be making a noise if we lost our sport, ground etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Making the ban effective in 3 months could be a blessing in disguise for us because I'm sure that a lot of anti-Falmer supporters are also pro-hunt. They could be somewhat distracted leading up to the inquiry. Let's hope so.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
They dress up. We dress up
They get pissed. We get pissed

We then encourage fair play. They encourage victimisation
We dont encourage maiming. They do

To us it's just a game. To them it's just a kill.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

Thank God for democracy.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
BatterSeagull said:
They dress up. We dress up
They get pissed. We get pissed

We then encourage fair play. They encourage victimisation
We dont encourage maiming. They do

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

Thank God for democracy.

True, but playing devil's advocate, you don't often read of hunt supporters going abroad and fighting the locals in bars. Nor do the different hunt groups go round beating each other up just because of the colours they wear.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BatterSeagull said:

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

Thank God for democracy.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

Did you hear that twat in tweed being interviewed? "It's nothing but prejudiced city dwelling Labour supporters who want this ban".

NO you moron-your hoorays are the most prejudiced wankers in the country and your 'sport' has passed its sell-by date by at least 200 years :tosser:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Juan Albion said:
True, but playing devil's advocate, you don't often read of hunt supporters going abroad and fighting the locals in bars. Nor do the different hunt groups go round beating each other up just because of the colours they wear.

They do, however, run at protestors with horses, whip them and beat them for daring to oppose them and their barbarism.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I'm against fox hunting.

I used to go fishing - Hundreds of fish died. (especially Eels - I f***ing hate Eels - The bony mouthed fuckers never died - even after a good stamping)

I'm trying to understand the difference ???

(I did used to stone stag beetles, burn ants via magnifying glass & chuck daddy long legs into a spiders web & witness the kill. All as a nipper though ;) )

Juan Albion

Bwian said:
They do, however, run at protestors with horses, whip them and beat them for daring to oppose them and their barbarism.

I agree. But the abuse has gone the other way for even longer.

I don't support them, BTW, as I cannot understand how anyone can get pleasure out of the death of another creature. But I do know that there are a lot of rural issues that urbanised folk just don't understand.

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
I was once driving along a road near tunbridge wells when a bunch of hunting hounds ran out infront of me when I was doing about 60mph. Lots of bangs and yelps and blood on the front of my car but amazingly all dogs got up and limped off into the woods. I attempted to follow and after a few minutes ended up amongst lots of horsemen looking for their dogs (and I presume the fox). I attempted to explain what had happened and that they may want to find their poor injured hounds and they did not give a shit - only interested in where the fox may be and started having a go at me for being a hunt sab! When I spoke to the huntmaster that evening he told me that there may have been a few dogs missing but he hadn't bothered to count. These people are scum... :nono:

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Well said Roger Mellie

I actually dislike foxes. I live in Battersea and get regular visits to my garbage. There are probably more foxes in cities than the country now, so this 'you urbanites don't understand 'cuts no ice with me.

Its barbaric what they do and they have at last been found out.
Let the buggers go on a civil disobedience campaign. Let them get holed up in jail and let us and the foxes get on with living life as it should be lived.

And three points tomorrow please.

Juan Albion

BatterSeagull said:
There are probably more foxes in cities than the country now, so this 'you urbanites don't understand 'cuts no ice with me.

It's not the foxes that urban people don't understand, it is the rural culture and context in which the hunting takes place. The fact that foxes live in cities has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Juan Albion

Roger Mellie said:
I was once driving along a road near tunbridge wells when a bunch of hunting hounds ran out infront of me when I was doing about 60mph. Lots of bangs and yelps and blood on the front of my car but amazingly all dogs got up and limped off into the woods. I attempted to follow and after a few minutes ended up amongst lots of horsemen looking for their dogs (and I presume the fox). I attempted to explain what had happened and that they may want to find their poor injured hounds and they did not give a shit - only interested in where the fox may be and started having a go at me for being a hunt sab! When I spoke to the huntmaster that evening he told me that there may have been a few dogs missing but he hadn't bothered to count. These people are scum... :nono:

Playing the devil's advocate again (for some reason):

I have a friend who doesn't like or understand football. The last time she went near a football match, it was after a game at the Goldstone against Oxford about 20 years ago. She had to go down behind the East Terrace as the fans were coming out. There was some bother and what she saw was a Brighton fan repeatedly bashing an Oxford fan's head into the pavement. None of the other Brighton fans were doing anything to stop it. She was shocked and appalled.

Would she be right to assume from that moment that all football fans are either vicious or immune to violence? Bear in mind that all she has seen of football since that time has been stories that make the news such as Dublin, Heysel, the stabbings in Turkey etc., since she refuses to go anywhere near a ground again. If she had her way, football would probably be banned.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Juan Albion said:
But I do know that there are a lot of rural issues that urbanised folk just don't understand.

Then they should explain them. It is not that we are are unable to understand.

And I suspect a good proportion of the protestors are more urbanised than most.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
BatterSeagull said:
Thank God for democracy.

I can't see how a government that is shitting itself about the next election (because of a phoney war) forcing something through parliament is an example of democracy. That's just vote-grabbing to me. Democracy would be putting it to a national referendum surely? When will the pro-hunters get the chance to have their say?

I'm not in favour of the hunt because I think it's an inefficient way of tackling the problem (if such a problem exists, but then I live in an urban area so what do I know?) and because I think that all the justification I have heard from hunters over the years has been flawed, but I do believe in their right to democracy which I think they have been being denied at the moment.

A lot of anti-hunt opinion (mine included it has to be admitted) seems to be class-related as well as fox-related. Could this be the real issue at stake?

Echoing Juan Albion's point, if the government decided to close down all football clubs because a large percentage of the voting public didn't like it for reasons that we felt they didn't understand, we'd all be up in arms and rightly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here