Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pro contracts for Jake, Adam El-Abd...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was very impressed with McPhee's performance against QPR. He put Carlisle and Shittu under a lot of pressure (he even won some arial challenges) and you could see they were worried about him. If he can do that against 2 of the best (and most physical) defenders in the league then he'll do for me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Soton Seagull said:
Great news. Particuarly happy with Jake & Adam signing, McPhee is ok, hopefully will discver the killer instinct and become a better striker for it.

8 goals so far this season is not bad going

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice to see a bit of home grown investment actually. I don't think that 2.5 years is excessively long at Robinson or El-Abd's ages. Rather I think it's a sensible protection of our future and the possibility that we could have cracking players that cost us nowt.

Well done lads :clap:

Both El Abd and McPhee have earnt their contract extensions this season. Mcphee will always do a reliable job up front without setting the World on fire. El Abd looks to me a really good prospect. Lets hope he carries on the good work. I've only seen Robinson once, so really can't judge him. People are expecting lots from him. I hope the pressure and hype doesn't get to him.

Stumpy Tim

McGhee says that next season McPhee will be a really good player. McGhee was quality himself, so I believe him when he says this. I think there's little doubt that McPhee has raw talent & having a former top striker as manager will only help him.

The club should be applauded for giving these guys a contract. From what I've heard Ben Watson won't be far behind

Last edited:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Good news indeed.

Chris McPhee has improved tremendously this season - if you'd asked me this time last season I'd have said he wasn't going to make it.

Adam and Jake are both still scholars I think, but it's good that the club has shown faith in them.

There was a time not long ago that we didn't produce ANY talent at all through the youth team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
All three are Sussex born as well

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Great news.

It amazes me, that however good the news, people will still moan. Unbelievable!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:clap2: :clap2: planning for the future hasn't often happened at this club :clap: :clap:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great news for the club. It shows that the investment in youth is very worthwhile. I look forward to many more Sussex born and bred players making it through to our first team.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Well done Dick. Whats the odds on Jakey to score a hatrick in the first game at Falmer?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully this will finally silence Desert Orchid.

And bloody good news as well !

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All absolutely fabulous news today. Chris McPhee has done very well this season and I think he will only develop further as he gains in confidence. Adam has also been a revelation at the back and is in the team on merit. Jake has not done much yet in terms of the senior squad but I've no doubt he's a star in the making. Great to see the club investing in the future.

Well done DK.

:clap: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic news to wake upto with my hangover this morning/afternoon!

Well done Dick Knight and the Club for making this happen :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here