Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pro 40 Worcestershire v Somerset

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what is the best that could happen this evening, NR or tie I guess meaning only a heavy defeat on Sunday would stop us winning it again.

A Worcestershire win would make it a cracking game Sunday for the neutral fan a Somerset win could deflate Worcestershire but mean we have to win on Sunday rather than hope Somerset cock it up again.

Just cloud, then sun then clear forecast so the NR looks out the equation already, amybe their lights might break.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
no although a tie will mean we have a superior run rate to both teams and both would be 2 points behind so we could lose and the other two win but we would have. I dont think Worcestershire could overtake us on run rate but a big Somerset win could.

However a tie is a very unlikely result TBH

The worry is if SOmerset win and we get rained off on Sunday and they dont it could be out of our hands

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We have 12 points and Worcs/Somerset both have 9 with a game in hand, both teams need a win and then hope we lose to Worcs on the 27th.

I imagine a NR would put the both on 10 with us having a better run rate, so a NR draw would be enough for us. However I would rather just win the last game and do it in style.

Points Table | | Cricinfo.com

The answer must b no because Worcs will still win the title if the beat us after a no result tonight.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A defeat for either side tonight will take them out of the reckoning. We're on 12 and they are both on 9 points - so getting nothing from tonight means they can't catch us. As Gazwag says either:

Somerset win and then they need to win and us to lose our last game.

Worcester win and it's an all or nothing game against us.

Think I'd rather be playing Worcestershire in a game that is meaningless for them. So, Come on Somerset!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Why (briefly) are somerset such big favourites tonight, when they're away ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Tresco and Bedwetter are in form batsmen who can get quick big runs at the start of an innings

Thanks. I'm still going to back against the cidermen, but when I lose, at least I'll know why!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
ME Trescothick, C Kieswetter†, JL Langer*, JC Hildreth, Z de Bruyn, PD Trego, AV Suppiah, BJ Phillips, AC Thomas, MTC Waller, CM Willoughby

Pretty awesome looking batting line up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Think I'd rather be playing Worcestershire in a game that is meaningless for them. So, Come on Somerset!

I know what you are saying but I just worry about the weather, the long range looks ok but if rain came and wipe out the game it would all be in Somerset's hands if they play

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The backward westcountry county are now 86/3 off 17.3

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here