Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private Eye caught by the Nimbys - again!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
You need to appreciate that The Eye has a long ruuning vendetta against John Prescott - who they regard as an incompetent baboon - and Brighton Council - who they regard as a bunch of incompetent baboons.

Consequently this story was almost inevitable, especially as the editor of Rotten Boroughs lives in Lewes and supports the nimbys. I believe he likes taking his offspring to feed the ducks in Falmer pond.

To be fair to the Eye, on both previous occasions when they've run with the Falmer story they have printed responses from our side.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This thread is NSC at its best, I reckon. Looking at the facts, exploring the context, seeing the opposing point of view, weighing up the arguments, considering what kind of response will make the best impact.

In other words, totally unlike anything you'll ever read in Private Eye... Nonetheless, I do detect the hands of journalists in this thread.

As an Eye subscriber, I feel like replying myself. No doubt a spiky though fact-based response is more likely to get published than some po-faced, line by line rebuttal.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Screaming J said:
I believe he likes taking his offspring to feed the ducks in Falmer pond.

It's not Kev's Dad is it?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Screaming J said:
You need to appreciate that The Eye has a long ruuning vendetta against John Prescott

errrr they hate Prescott because he doesn't know his station. He's not part of the cliquey ex-public school London circle who matter in the Private Eye world. Just as all Albion fans are morons.
Sod em their little magazine is an anachronism that nobody has paid any attention to since the days of Peter Cook and Ingram. Class ridden rag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here