Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prisoners to get the vote

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So prisoners are set to get the vote after a European human rights courts feel that this is a breach of prisoners rights,only a question of time before someone challenges going to jail itself is a breach of human rights!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Soton Seagull said:
But surely they'll just vote for whichever party promises to let them out?

That will be Labour then as Labour has already disarmed householders and removed their rights to self defence. So when the lags get out they'll have an easy time of it, of course Labour always prefer criminals to decent people just look at the prisoner releases in NI.

They'd rather throw OAP's in jail.

Lets hope Cameron wins so he can kick these clowns out of office at the next election, its looking more likely after Dalek Davis's speech yesterday.

D

Drips

The European Convention on Human Rights is full of rights for prisoners, not to much about the victims of crimes though.
Wonder who Ian Huntley will vote for? :shootself

I didn’t vote for these faceless bureaucrats.
Blair has lost control of our country.
If this is Europe, I say its time to get out.
If we don’t like our lot, at least we can get shot of them

btw, Do the prisoners vote for their own constituency or if in, say, Lewes the Lewes MP?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well if its the constituency were they are then expect prisons to be rebuilt in marginals like the new Red brick universities tended to be.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Drips said:
The European Convention on Human Rights is full of rights for prisoners, not to much about the victims of crimes though.
Wonder who Ian Huntley will vote for? :shootself

I didn’t vote for these faceless bureaucrats.
Blair has lost control of our country.
If this is Europe, I say its time to get out.
If we don’t like our lot, at least we can get shot of them

btw, Do the prisoners vote for their own constituency or if in, say, Lewes the Lewes MP?

Damn right

Vote Labour. A vote for dictatorship, lying, and sleaze. And people say the tories were bad. Maybe they were but they didnt buy into all this let europe dictate us.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If the tory leader promised a referendum on renegociation they'd walk the election. They could then move on to the more pressing issues in the campaign.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
BBC Article

Bit of European silliness this. Criminals choose not to abide by societies rules, so I don't see why they should have an influence on them through the ballot box. Once they've served their debt to society, then they regain their right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here