Prince Harry's new girlfriend

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

They don't look alike at all,.
Nothing to see here ladies and gents, please move along.......

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If you can't understand what she means then I would suggest that the fault is with you not her. Perhaps read a little more widely and have a think about it.

I'll give you a clue though, this thread is probably not what she is after :)

OK then, have you ever heard the term "think pieces" before? And what exactly is a "think piece" and how would I recognise one if I saw it?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
OK then, have you ever heard the term "think pieces" before? And what exactly is a "think piece" and how would I recognise one if I saw it?

Yes, it's a piece of writing containing opinions and thoughts. To recognise it, you would read it and understand that it contained thoughts and opinions. They are not particularly uncommon.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I have certainly heard and come across the expression "think piece" before. It is a piece of writing designed to provoke you to think about a certain issue or subject - perhaps challenging the accepted wisdom or talking from an individual's personal experience which is contrary to what people normally think. It could be "These nice Muslim people helped me" if you are trying to say something about racism, islamophobia etc, or "I like being curvy" if you are trying to make people think about thin models. In short, if something makes you think, it is a think piece.

And I didn't choose the nice Muslim example trying to be provocative........ - it could have been "sensible Crystal Palace fan".

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Present images of beauty in a different way, including discussion articles about how women can take control of their own lives.

You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already answered your original question about what she meant, yet you seem to have ignored it. It's almost as if you're not interested in learning anything, just spoiling for an argument...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
She said setting up the website was an attempt to "reframe the beauty content to include think pieces about self-empowerment".

Really? WTF is she talking about? What a bunch of bo**ocks!

And how about this: "To say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident mixed-race woman."

Sounds like she's right up herself. A true left-leaning luvvie. Really surprised that Harry couldn't find himself a girlfriend who spoke in sensible sentences that other people could understand.

"I know how to get my own way" perhaps?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it's a piece of writing containing opinions and thoughts. To recognise it, you would read it and understand that it contained thoughts and opinions. They are not particularly uncommon.
Well, well. Why is it that people can't speak in everyday plain English anymore?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well, well. Why is it that people can't speak in everyday plain English anymore?

Language evolves and grows. The notion of plain English is not an easy one to pin down. It will be different for different people.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Young women probably use different expressions to you and she is from America where a different style of English has evolved. If you ever leave England or speak to a young woman you may need to accomodate these concepts. However, I'm impressed that you can work out her political leanings from her speech patterns. Those lefties are notorious for courting royalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here