Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry to serve in Iraq

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
HampshireSeagulls said:
Right...

Andrew went down South because he was a helicopter pilot and was attached to a ship. There was never any question of taking him off. The guy might be a grade 1 cock, but he did what was asked of him, and did it exceptionally well. Easy to criticise when your main concern is whether the kettle is full or not.....

Harry is not "going somewhere soft" - he is going to Basra where the rest of the guys are. He will be a target, which is a bit of a bitch for the rest of the guys. He will not have "special armour", "superguns" or "kryptonite underpants". He be able to afford a better class of boots, but that is it. He will not be living in a hotel and being flown in for jobs. He is a troop commander, he lives with the 12 men he commands, it really is that simple. If he wanted "easy" he would have picked up a Germany job, or a support job in Cyprus.

Love the uninformed comments from those who believe that CNN is "war reporting"....

THREAD CLOSED.:clap2: :bowdown: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
People forget that the last King lost his brother in the war who was a pilot. The Royal Family have always had someone in the military and there hasn't been any question of them avoiding trouble spots when serving.

Easy answer Edna. Don't buy the papers.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
This was being discussed this morning on Radio London, and the majority of the callers think he should go, he has completed 44 weeks training,
Personally i think he should go if my boss told me i was going somewhere to work , i have to accept it, at least he is going, not like his uncle who completed 2 weeks training of the marines couldnt handle it so quit and started up his production company

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
His stated view, prior to enlisting, was that he would serve with his men and wherever in the World he is required to. He is keeping his word, it is something that our politicians should pay heed to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'd like to see a few more politicians' children in the services. If Ewan Blair had been in the Army would we have been so quick to join up with the Yanks ? It would have concentrated the minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here