Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Harry 'secret' war service exposed by US site

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Although not a member of the Royal Family at the time,

Sorry, my mistake. Prince Philip is actually in the line of succession in his own right, although very distantly, as a great great grandson of Queen Victoria and so he was a member of the Royal Family at that time (great great grandson = member of family).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Surely Prince Harry isn't a royal anyway?

His Mum was only a royal through marriage and after divorce presumably wasn't anymore.

His Dad..........

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Baldrick: "Boom boom boom boom / Boom boom boom / BOOM BOOM, BOOM BOOM--

Edmund: "BOOM BOOM BOOM"?

Baldrick: How did you guess, sir?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry, my mistake. Prince Philip is actually in the line of succession in his own right, although very distantly, as a great great grandson of Queen Victoria and so he was a member of the Royal Family at that time (great great grandson = member of family).

Lord Louis Mountbatten also served (a great grandson of Queen Victoria) and had a long and distinguished service in the Royal Navy in both World Wars.

To answer Buzzer, Diana also has royal ancestry.

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Yorkie said:
Lord Louis Mountbatten also served (a great grandson of Queen Victoria) and had a long and distinguished service in the Royal Navy in both World Wars.

Quite right Yorkie thank you, I was limiting it to those still alive or I would also have mentioned -

George VI was the first of the modern royals, and the only sovereign since William IV to see action in battle.

When still Prince Albert he fought as a sub-lieutenant aboard the Collingwood in the Battle of Jutland in 1916.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
to quote shakespeare

'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge
Cry God for Harry, England and St George!'

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If it's good PR for the Royals to have one of their own being seen on active service (and it is good PR judging by your reactions even if he didn't initially go there for the PR) then you would also agree therefore that it would be good for any rag headed terror-monger to nail him whilst he's over there.

That HAS to mean that his presence puts his comrades in even more, and yet avoidable, danger.

And don't forget the potential spin that the Taliban etc will put on this (as they have done if you now read the Drudge Report) - "We want revenge on the Royals". Won't get much coverage here but sure will in the countries where the terrorists are being raised and indoctrinated.

In my view it's going to have a negative effect on his the "fight against terror", put more people at more risk but it will be (and has been) good for Harry's profile.

If it's good PR for the Royals to have one of their own being seen on active service (and it is good PR judging by your reactions even if he didn't initially go there for the PR) then you would also agree therefore that it would be good for any rag headed terror-monger to nail him whilst he's over there.

That HAS to mean that his presence puts his comrades in even more, and yet avoidable, danger.

And don't forget the potential spin that the Taliban etc will put on this (as they have done if you now read the Drudge Report) - "We want revenge on the Royals". Won't get much coverage here but sure will in the countries where the terrorists are being raised and indoctrinated.

In my view it's going to have a negative effect on his the "fight against terror", put more people at more risk but it will be (and has been) good for Harry's profile.

Thankyou. I did write a post (not as succinctly) along those lines yesterday but managed to hit the 'back' on my browser by accident and erase it! But anyway - that post nails it down TRHK.

The thing I would add to it, is that it could ONLY be convenient for the Americans to 'break the story', so that ultimately this whole junket didn't look contrived.
It was perfect for getting people behind the war in Afghanistan, respeck for the royal family (and I think they struggled to remind people why we should keep them, throughout the ages)

Of course it's "damned if he does/doesn't", but really - I wish he wouldn't.
Hearing that shit all over the news is also royally irking.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting.

Two Al Qaeda-affiliated websites are calling on jihadists to "slaughter" the third in line to the throne.

There will now be an urgent review of his security and the prince may have to curb his fondness for nightclubs. Many UK Muslims have praised his sense of duty, however, even while condemning the war.

After news of his presence in Afghanistan leaked out, senior defence chiefs quickly agreed that allowing him to stay would increase the risk to his fellow soldiers.

Taliban insurgents were already vowing to step up attacks on British forces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here