Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Buaben

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh well. That's one target to cross off then - seems Swansea are becoming the new Southampton, poaching players that we are after :(

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Some more random gossip:

FootballBanta TheEx
Well well well, just heard Lee Bowyer maybe making a move to a Championship team next year.....

FootballBanta TheEx
And a Arsenal are looking to send out a defender next year on loan (believe to be Gibbs)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Some more random gossip:

I wonder if sites like that ever quote this place as a "source."

BrumFan: Looks like KP is off as I've just seen this on a Brighton website, "we've even set up a webpage for Kevin Phillips, as I've found the URL for it. Looks like we're definitely planning to bring him in."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wonder if sites like that ever quote this place as a "source."

BrumFan: Looks like KP is off as I've just seen this on a Brighton website, "we've even set up a webpage for Kevin Phillips, as I've found the URL for it. Looks like we're definitely planning to bring him in."

That tweeter is supposedly Alan Smith's ex so maybe her source is fellow WAGs.
Or it could be just complete bollocks.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
the fact that we also want Gomis of Dundee Utd too may swing it our way!!! Buaben may settle better with a close colleague

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure if getting loan players from Arsenal is a good thing in our case. Paul Dickov was alright, and Sidwell useful, but far more memorable for all the wrong reasons were Graham Barrett, Valur Gislason and Gavin Hoyte.

All useless.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure if getting loan players from Arsenal is a good thing in our case. Paul Dickov was alright, and Sidwell useful, but far more memorable for all the wrong reasons were Graham Barrett, Valur Gislason and Gavin Hoyte.

All useless.

What's his nose at Hudds is doing alright though, and we need to get a lot more physical next year. I'd be delighted to see the likes of Gibbs down here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

All useless.

Sidwell useful must be the understatement of the decade... :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is extremely weird...... I have just read this for first time right now.

I never ever dream about football, i don't often remember my dreams, but this morning right before my alarm went off, it seemed very real, i was watching an interview with Kevin Phillips talking about how excited he was about joining the Albion.... then the alarm went off.

And now I read this...... hmmmmm what are the odds, I feel a bet coming on.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I did some TV 'scouting' yesterday as Dundee Utd were on SKY (v Rangers). Watched the 1st half andf Gomis played while Buaben was on the bench.

Gomis was good. Found space wel and always looking to pass the ball quickly. Left-footed. Slender but quite strong.

Thought he could fit in to our style of play very well and would be a useful squad signing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

All useless.

England left back Gibbs is SLIGHTLY better than Hoyte and Barrett.... :lol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I did some TV 'scouting' yesterday as Dundee Utd were on SKY (v Rangers). Watched the 1st half andf Gomis played while Buaben was on the bench.

Gomis was good. Found space wel and always looking to pass the ball quickly. Left-footed. Slender but quite strong.

Thought he could fit in to our style of play very well and would be a useful squad signing.

dont know much about them, but Gomis career is hardly illustrious..... he was at Lewes not long ago!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgaro_Gomis

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh well. That's one target to cross off then - seems Swansea are becoming the new Southampton, poaching players that we are after :(

Would they still be interested if they make the Prem?

Are we really that far behind them now? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here