Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
is he legally obliged to do something, anything? he is a life long blagger, he'll just be hidden in gentleman's clubs

Not yet. I read yesterday the prosecution have just issued their court summons and prosecution papers, but they have to be physically served to Andrew within 120 days for him to be legally compelled to do anything.

So you can bet your bottom dollar, he's going to go off radar and try to hide out somewhere to avoid being served the summons.

Not sure what happens after 120 days when it expires..... Guess prosecution could get another?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Highly unlikely he will be extradited. My bet is he’ll do **** all and hide behind the palace walls. A guilty judgment will be passed in absentia. It’s a civil case so I’m guessing that means fines/compensation and not prison? In which case he’ll either pay the fine secretly and be done with it or ignore the ruling altogether. And that will be the end of it unless a criminal prosecution is then set in motion. Even if that happens I very much doubt he’ll be extradited to the US. In fact there’s no way he would be. So again he’ll ignore the case, a judgment will be passed. If it’s guilty then he faces arrest if he enters the U.S.
a ruling he can ignore by citing security procedures and slip in and out of the U.S via Royal jet anytime he fancies.
If paying her off before all this occurs was an option he’d do that. To summarise. He’ll ignore the whole thing and it will go away. Because that’s what happens for members of the elite. Even alleged sex cases.
I'm not sure if he can hide and dodge forever, I would not be surprised if the US court gets some kind of International arrest warrant sorted so, Andy won't be able to leave the UK in case he's picked up.

Even more embarrassing for HMTQ, a son who is an international criminal... Maybe it's time he went for a walk in the woods with his service revolver?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure if he can hide and dodge forever, I would not be surprised if the US court gets some kind of International arrest warrant sorted so, Andy won't be able to leave the UK in case he's picked up.

Even more embarrassing for HMTQ, a son who is an international criminal... Maybe it's time he went for a walk in the woods with his service revolver?

It is a civil case, with a complainant and a plaintiff. He isn't being arrested or prosecuted.
That may change, but at the moment it is still a civil case, not a criminal one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Possibly. Who knows? I’m neither a nonce nor a lawyer so can only guess but I imagine he’d be able to buzz about anonymously all over the world on private jets if he so wished. Would be lovely of he became a wanted man though. I’d be staking out pizza express for a chance to grass the alleged paedo up. If he’s guilty of course. There could be a perfectly legal explanation as to why he hung around with billionaire convicted nonce and sex trafficker, Epstein on his yachts, in his mansions and on private jets and why he is pictured with his arm around teenage girls. Could all just be a huge misunderstanding and he is indeed a sweat free non-peado.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is a civil case, with a complainant and a plaintiff. He isn't being arrested or prosecuted.
That may change, but at the moment it is still a civil case, not a criminal one.

if there were evidence for a criminal case, one would probably have been made by now. this is a civil case alleging sexual assault, low threshold needed to be found in favour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
if there were evidence for a criminal case, one would probably have been made by now. this is a civil case alleging sexual assault, low threshold needed to be found in favour.

Yes, which is why I think it will be settled out of court.

I was trying to make it clear to those who have been posting about arrest warrants, prosecution etc which refer to criminal cases, not civil one.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Possibly. Who knows? I’m neither a nonce nor a lawyer so can only guess but I imagine he’d be able to buzz about anonymously all over the world on private jets if he so wished. Would be lovely of he became a wanted man though. I’d be staking out pizza express for a chance to grass the alleged paedo up. If he’s guilty of course. There could be a perfectly legal explanation as to why he hung around with billionaire convicted nonce and sex trafficker, Epstein on his yachts, in his mansions and on private jets and why he is pictured with his arm around teenage girls. Could all just be a huge misunderstanding and he is indeed a sweat free non-peado.

He covered this in his BBC interview, Clampy. It was 'convenient', remember?

Hope that clears things up for you. Seems a perfectly reasonable explanation.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He covered this in his BBC interview, Clampy. It was 'convenient', remember?

Hope that clears things up for you. Seems a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Also, I assume, free.

If there is one thing we have learnt from the lifestyle of 'Airmiles Andy' it's just how reluctant he is to spend our money on his private comforts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, which is why I think it will be settled out of court.

I was trying to make it clear to those who have been posting about arrest warrants, prosecution etc which refer to criminal cases, not civil one.

yes, settlement is most likely, thats probably want they wont. many seem to misunderstand what the case is for.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My post was a fact about state law, not referring to this case.
I was thinking more about Chuck Berry & Jerry Lee Lewis in the 1950s.

Not forgetting Elvis. He was 24 and Priscilla 14 when they started dating. I'm not sure which US states their relationship was conducted in or the various laws of consent which applied in those states, but in more than one I believe. And of course they first met in Germany.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
yes, settlement is most likely, thats probably want they wont. many seem to misunderstand what the case is for.

im not sure it will end in settlement. That would be likely if the plaintiff was seeking damages for herself (like many did in the Weinstein case).

But she has stated categorically she is not doing it for the money and has already said that every penny of any award will be donated in full to a charity for trafficked women.

She is also calling for a judge and jury so that everthing can be "assessed out in the open" (her legal briefs words).

She sounds determined to have her day in court, I would guess that if her accusations are true (and I personally believe they are), Andrews denials would have riled her.

Needless to say, to open old wounds, take on a rich establishment figure from a powerful family, to go through it all very publicly, just to raise money for a charity?

Surely you wouldnt would you?

This is why its such a nightmare for Andrew, her motivation seemingly isnt money.

Andrew is in a bind.

He'll be humilated if he steps forward and damned if he doesnt....... Lovely!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm thinking about the criminal case involving Ms Maxwell, if he gets dragged in to it by the FBI insisting that he attend questioning and give a statement to them in the US in the manner that the US want to get Assange back. can you imagine the scene if our DoY had flown to Bermuda for a well earned holiday and by chance, on the way back, the plane had an engine problem and had to land in Florida ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
BD9B1724-0FD4-4EF2-8A4A-93B8C74D24B2.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here