Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
The grand old duke of York

He borrowed 12 million quid

He gave it to someone he'd never met

For something he never did

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This is a good day for the royal family.

They can start to put this behind them.

Whether it's a good day for justice is a harder one to answer

Not such a great day for the tax payer if part of the [deleted word] payment comes out of the ‘public purse’

[mod edit]: [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has asked the mod team to review posts on this thread to ensure that no libel is posted as the affected individual has better lawyers and more money than he does. Any edits should not be interpreted as meaning that any mod who makes an edit disagrees with the content removed/edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Shades of Michael Jackson, do innocent people really pay out these kind of sums?

However I do have a small degree of sympathy for Andrew, right from birth they have to do what’s right for the establishment rather than what’s right for him as a person.

Charles was eventually allowed to marry the woman he truly loved, but not before the shit storm he had with Diana.

Many say Andrew’s true love was Koo Stark but in the early to mid 80’s, I wonder if things might have turned out differently if he was allowed to go with his heart rather than what the establishment decreed?

He might have had to have got in the queue at that time tbf

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
BBC royal correspondant Nicholas Witchell assessed Prince Andrew's settlement 'a huge relief to the royal family in a very special jubilee year'.

We pay the queen £20m a year from the profits of the duchy of lancaster, a state owned property portfolio. That is where the money to pay his settlement is coming from. I find that disgusting!

If it were me I'd cancel Prince Andrew and his entire mob and forget this ridiculous charade of a jubilee celebration. Its just pathetic.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BBC royal correspondant Nicholas Witchell assessed Prince Andrew's settlement 'a huge relief to the royal family in a very special jubilee year'.

We pay the queen £20m a year from the profits of the duchy of lancaster, a state owned property portfolio. That is where the money to pay his settlement is coming from. I find that disgusting!

If it were me I'd cancel Prince Andrew and his entire mob and forget this ridiculous charade of a jubilee celebration. Its just pathetic.

Witchell also said that “ sadly, there is no way back”

Sadly?? Sadly??

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So we're taking away precious money from the most vulnerable in society and at the same time giving 12mil to this scumbag? **** the monarchy, they should turn Buckingham Palace into affordable flats!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Witchell also said that “ sadly, there is no way back”

Sadly?? Sadly??

Sadly for Nick Witchell for one, he has a huge passion for our Royal Family. He must have backtracked because last night after it was announced he was mapping out how the Duke of York could return to public life as a campaigner against sex trafficking.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-photo-Prince-Andrew-arm-waist.html#comments

Virginia Roberts now 'claims she's LOST notorious photo of Prince Andrew with his arm around her waist' which he says was faked: Royal will now use its disappearance as part of his defense in NYC civil rape suit

It's a scan of the photograph they say now they have lost, the original has been reported to be in the hands of the FBI for years.

They either have it or not.

The one in circulation is actually a photo of the photo taken by a photographer. He's been interviewed a number of times and says the original isn't a fake.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's a scan of the photograph they say now they have lost, the original has been reported to be in the hands of the FBI for years.

They either have it or not.

The one in circulation is actually a photo of the photo taken by a photographer. He's been interviewed a number of times and says the original isn't a fake.

Got to be one of the most expensive photos of the century.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Got to be one of the most expensive photos of the century.

Or one of the most expensive pizzas, depending on whose story you believe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As time goes on it seems to me that the monarchy in its present form is more of a hindrance than a help to this country.

At the heart of it is privilege, entitlement, elitism and the locked-in nature of one group of people forever being given more of a chance in life than another group of people.

We see this with Boris and his government too re Partygate.

The monarchy, the Honours system, the peerage, public school system, Oxbridge, the cover-ups and the lack of transparency - none of it is open or fair, and without that what sort of society have you really got?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As time goes on it seems to me that the monarchy in its present form is more of a hindrance than a help to this country.

At the heart of it is privilege, entitlement, elitism and the locked-in nature of one group of people forever being given more of a chance in life than another group of people.

We see this with Boris and his government too re Partygate.

The monarchy, the Honours system, the peerage, public school system, Oxbridge, the cover-ups and the lack of transparency - none of it is open or fair, and without that what sort of society have you really got?

The one we live in

Great isn't it. :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

So the tax payer is buying off a [deleted word]. Lovely.

[mod edit: pls see earlier edit re libel…!]

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So we're taking away precious money from the most vulnerable in society and at the same time giving 12mil to this scumbag? **** the monarchy, they should turn Buckingham Palace into affordable flats!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Think that's me done with the Royals, count me out of any Jubilee celebrations.

So a huge amount of money to silence this gross allegation for the sake of making sure all goes swimmingly this year. Just plain wrong....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In this country if you have enough money and / or influence you are above the law, over and over again...

Pretty much the same in any country, we just pretend it isn't the case more than most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here