Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Prime Day - Amazon gadgets and air fryers etc

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Right, my Ninja turned up today. It's on the stand and ready to go.

Anyone got any advice what works best in it otherwise the wife and kids will say it's a waste of cash and I can't be arsed with the earache?
Ninja Woodfire BBQ help please.
Mine arrived Friday and we've used it every day so far. Burgers, steaks and a Sunday roast chicken. All cooked well BUT-
Instructions say fill the smoke box, done, set the dial, done, press Woodfire button, done, wait for instructions to load food.
Whilst the BBQ smokes at the start, when I open the BBQ to put in the food the smoke has gone. What am I doing wrong?
ps cleaning is a real pain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Must admit I had never checked mine but just gone out, set to smoker, hit temp and i can dial down to 60c. Are you sure you cant do that low ?
Yes I'm sure. It's also in the manual and discussed online. Do you have the pizza oven or the grill?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, my Ninja turned up today. It's on the stand and ready to go.

Anyone got any advice what works best in it otherwise the wife and kids will say it's a waste of cash and I can't be arsed with the earache?
First time I used it the pellets went out. Too much dusty crap from the bag I think.

I just did drumsticks, burgers, sausage. Cooked quicker than I'd have liked at 120 so I'll try the dehydrate setting. Keep it slow for the smoke, then switch to grill, lid up, to give it a sear. Make sure you have a thermometer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ninja Woodfire BBQ help please.
Mine arrived Friday and we've used it every day so far. Burgers, steaks and a Sunday roast chicken. All cooked well BUT-
Instructions say fill the smoke box, done, set the dial, done, press Woodfire button, done, wait for instructions to load food.
Whilst the BBQ smokes at the start, when I open the BBQ to put in the food the smoke has gone. What am I doing wrong?
ps cleaning is a real pain.
Did the pellets go out? If so, was there dusty parts of pellets limiting the airflow?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Did the pellets go out? If so, was there dusty parts of pellets limiting the airflow?
Thanks for the reply. The pellets burnt through and there was plenty of smoke at the start. It's the lighting of the smoke first then the pre-heating and finally 'add food'. When I get to add food all the smoke has gone. Pellets started full and burnt about 3/4.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the reply. The pellets burnt through and there was plenty of smoke at the start. It's the lighting of the smoke first then the pre-heating and finally 'add food'. When I get to add food all the smoke has gone. Pellets started full and burnt about 3/4.
Well the smoke at the start is whiter, and it's recommended you don't expose your food to that. It's not as visible after that bit, but if your pellets are burning ok, then it should be there. The big question, is did the food not taste smoky? If not (and they were cooked for long enough) you must have a problem.

This has gone someway off Prime Day, so I've started a BBQ thread:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here