Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As I sipped my first latte of the day, sitting on the beach on a glorious Sunday morning, I reflected on the past 9 months. It then dawned on me why I have such affection for Russell Slade.....he had made me proud to be an Albion fan again.

Something happened to the side under Adams - don't know what, but whatever he did he sapped all the fight and energy from the team, to the extent that I lost the pride I have long felt in BH&A. We almost became a joke team.

When Russell came along something else happened - the players were revitalised, and the passion came back. Suddenly I could once more watch the team with Pride.

That's all.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I agree, we were truly embarrassingly poor for most of last season. But the turnaround at the end means I'm now not utterly ashamed to admit to being a Brighton fan in public!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Something happened to the side under Adams .[/QUOTE said:
It was like watching another club's team, I really struggled to relate to the team whilst Adams was manager, strange and depressing feeling. Well done Slade for putting back the pride and fight into the club and uniting the fans again.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I was lucky enough to tell him that when I met him in a restaurant in Burgess Hill sometime between the Bristol Rovers & Huddersfield games. I'd already had a bottle of wine & although I wanted to make comments about Albion capitulating virtually every week before he arrived, In my drunken haze I couldn't find the word 'capitulation'. Instead, I had to settle for thanking him on behalf of all of us for restoring our pride. I shook his hand more than once. He really is a top bloke.

Its been said before the man slade is passionate and you can tell he wants success if he can do what he did with yeovil ,with backing the world could be his oyster PROVIDING he keeps the same spirit going of can do will do rather then well we turned up and we were useless.
I always felt that both Wilkins and Adams while both managers who could do the job just did not have the bald ones desire and commitment .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here