Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride! The begining of the end!

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton Pride bosses reveal £50k cash crisis From The Argus)

Forget that the 'local community' will not be interested in financially supporting this.

Its the old adage if you can't afford it don't do it.

In 2011 the opening of Falmer Stadium will take place and that will take precedence.In 2012 it has already been discussed the event won't take place due to the Olympics.

It is not necessary it inconveniences the Albion and local long standing Brightonians. It may have been fun but it looks like it's over.

Bring on 6th August 2011 at Falmer.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think Brighton taxpayers should cover the shortfall, it's only fair.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
The poofs can piss off:angry: they will not get a penny of my hard earnt:rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think a Pride Parade at Falmer should be one of the RAMP up events :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A pathetic attempt at self promotion to read your blog.

You slag of all the media whores and look at you................

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"Rising costs and wet weather at this summer’s event have led organisers to issue a plea to residents and companies to fill the blackhole."

:laugh:

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
Some very good comments in the Argus. I have long thought that it should be a proud of Brighton celebration that includes everyone, not a celebration of a minority being different.
Before the law was changed the gay community had every right to demand equality and the old -
Were here,
were queer,
get used to it.
Had some meaning. It would now be more apt to say -
You'r there,
We don't care,
You get f****** used to it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If even the gayers are questioning it then maybe it is time to (finally) stop. In the argus on Friday they said that even the LGBT community were getting fed up of the "gay for a day" crowd and previous prides have had political themes. Now its just an excuse for people to get ****ed on booze and class A's. It should never be just a party.

Other prides this year in other parts have had the theme of "bullying" for example...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Again, it IS happening - just on a different day. Don't you have anything better to do?

No he doesn't really except try and become a media type person which is failing badly.

The redundancy money is probably running out now so expect more of this as using a computer is cheap.

D

Deleted User X18H

No he doesn't really except try and become a media type person which is failing badly.

The redundancy money is probably running out now so expect more of this as using a computer is cheap.

Thanks for your input fans! Its actually still all squirrled away Beachy mate.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Think your on the money there.

I also read somewhere that the organisers were a getting a bit fed up that the Gay “parade” was getting diluted as everyone was now getting involved as it was not longer a day just for gay population.

I though that was the whole point of changing it from Gay Pride to just Pride, and they now want a new event that is just for gays only, seems we have gone full circle in that the event was originally organised to promote tolerance and acceptance, and now they have it, they now want to separated again so they can do there own thing.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Think your on the money there.

I also read somewhere that the organisers were a getting a bit fed up that the Gay “parade” was getting diluted as everyone was now getting involved as it was not longer a day just for gay population.

I though that was the whole point of changing it from Gay Pride to just Pride, and they now want a new event that is just for gays only, seems we have gone full circle in that the event was originally organised to promote tolerance and acceptance, and now they have it, they now want to separated again so they can do there own thing.

You can call it what you f***ing like, it's still a day for noofters to prance about celebrating the fact they are gay.

Spoke to the great Lord Canning last week and his Saturday afternoon drinking was disrupted by a couple of "bandits" rutting in the toilets of the Lord Nelson the other week. Anyone who comes between Lord Canning and his cider has no place in my Britain!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Good riddance. f*** off and pay for a parade/drug/f***ing in bushes festival out your own pockets..........:annoyed:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spoke to the great Lord Canning last week and his Saturday afternoon drinking was disrupted by a couple of "bandits" rutting in the toilets of the Lord Nelson the other week.

Up the gary in the gary?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here