Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Price of Falmer increasing?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Heard today that because the land valuation was done so long ago and because of the likely delay in building that they are going to ask for it to be revalued and pass the bill on to Brighton.

Yet more COST...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FIXTURES :shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bound to be isnt it Richie.

the original application and cost went in years ago.....there is such a thing as inflation you know

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
MORRIS you will get fixtured all day for a post like this.

I posted something along the same lines yesterday and got FLAMED by the usual suspects, even though I heard it from someone who was involved at the very start of the project.

To be fair I dont know how much is in it, I suspect we shall have to just wait and see AFTER we get the go ahead.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't know about fixtures but Perry and Knight were talking about this at least a year ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the mortgage to pay for the stadium IF it is ever built nobody who watches BHA now will see the final payment unless they are watching at about 3 years old now.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's worry about this when we get final and concrete approval, i would accept it if it meant we could actually start building. Maybe we could include a hotel to help pay for it :lol:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Is Richie Morris Norman Baker's PR man?
Brighton & Hove Council is GIVING (free, gratis) the land to the club and the Uni bit is the only bit that is to be sold.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Norman Baker is celebrating in the Snowdrop Inn.

How many other clubs have had local MPs who have tried to kill them off?

It is only the land belonging to Brighton Uni which this could apply to and it will be added to project costs IF the stadium is ever built.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here