Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Previous sponsors of BHA

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Was trying to recall all the previous sponsors of BHA and think some had gone bust, such as Santex, British Caladonian and Pheonix Breweries.

Others still going are Nobo, Skint.

Any more?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
nobo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle C said:
Was trying to recall all the previous sponsors of BHA and think some had gone bust, such as Santex, British Caladonian and Pheonix Breweries.

Any more?

None of these have gone bust all been swallowed up by theirs or other bigger companies.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
sandtex is definatley still around. only last week i saw a van advertising it. somebody had also wrote lufc in the muck on it. just after we had claimed 3 points from them. :)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
graz126 said:
sandtex is definatley still around. only last week i saw a van advertising it. somebody had also wrote lufc in the muck on it. just after we had claimed 3 points from them. :)

Never trust a painter and decorator when they tell you Santex is unavailable because they gone bust:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Did we miss any?

Sandtex, British Caledonian, Donetellos, Nobo, Skint, Pheonix Breweries and TSB.

Dont seem that many.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
With the exception of Nobo, for obvious reasons, that is a pretty decent list of kit sponsors, I can think of plenty of teams who have had worse. (Hereford were sponsored by Sun Valley Chickens for instance).

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Thats not many, its true. But we have had most of our sponsors for a number of years. Often teams just go from one to another but other than Donatello (which we only had for 2 years?) we had the others for a long time.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Skint has to go down as the best sponsor of any team in the top couple of divisions, far better than some huge faceless corporation like Vodafone or O2.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gully said:
Skint has to go down as the best sponsor of any team in the top couple of divisions, far better than some huge faceless corporation like Vodafone or O2.

yeah but they can subsequently pump alot of £££ into those clubs, Skint cant! I'd have Vodafone over Skint anyday....purely for the monetary value.

WOAH some big words in there :D

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Now put them in the right order

1980-83 British Caledonian
1983-86 Phoenix Brewery
1986- 91 Nobo
1991-93 TSB
1993- 1998 Sandtex
1998 - 1999 Donatello