Earth
“Right guys, make sure there’s plenty off water in ze steam compartment.“
“Always iron inside out to avoid scorching ze fabric.“
“Once completed, fold ze garment neatly and place in ze pile.”
”Repeat”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that today, most of the 1st half we pressed with 7 players where the only ones not pressing in their half were Dunk JP and Veltman (and I think Veltman pushed on at times 😲).

Second half we seemed to go really conservative and only pressed with 6 players :wink:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think that today, most of the 1st half we pressed with 7 players where the only ones not pressing in their half were Dunk JP and Veltman (and I think Veltman pushed on at times 😲).

Second half we seemed to go really conservative and only pressed with 6 players :wink:
We are now exactly the type of team DeZerbi ball is most effective against. Quite ironic :smile:

We should have had a friendly against Marseille! Full house for that one I reckon

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you get the feeling its going to go one of two ways next Saturday…thumping win or………..
thumping defeat or thumping draw? Yes. Yes I do.

:wink:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did it intelligently today.

After the first 15 mins or so by when we could have been 2 down.
Not true. They got in behind at least half a dozen times down Veltmans flank. Not sure what game you were watching.

Fun to watch this style of football but we will see if it holds up in the Premier league.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not true. They got in behind at least half a dozen times down Veltmans flank. Not sure what game you were watching.

Fun to watch this style of football but we will see if it holds up in the Premier league.
I didn’t say they didn’t get in behind. I said our pressing was more intelligent.

Statistically you’ve got a much higher chance of scoring when you win the ball in your opponents half compared to playing through.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everton will by pass our press by simply going long ball.
Not if you press properly, on the right triggers and as a group. When you do that there's no escape, you're either going to kick it straight at one of our pressing players or straight onto Dunk's head.

We will undoubtedly concede goals this season to long balls when we have a high line, but it'll be because we've not executed properly, rather than a flaw in the tactic itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here