Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Presley leaves Hearts

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bugger, he is the best player I ever saw play for Hearts...wonder where he will go to...hope it isn't Rangers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presley has left the building :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
could do a job

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I guess all his fan mail will have to be marked Return to Sender

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Expect Hearts will go Way Down the table now

Last edited:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Five clubs are interested in signing former Hearts defender and captain Steven Pressley, BBC Sport understands.

Pressley, 33, left Hearts on Saturday after he had spoken of dressing-room "unrest" under majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov in October.

He had been at Tynecastle since 1998 but was omitted from the squad for November's game at Falkirk amid reports of a plot to remove him as captain.

The source refused to disclose the names of the clubs courting Pressley.

Pressley has been reportedly linked with Dundee United but Craig Levein's side were not one of the five interested clubs, according to the source.

Pressley is ineligible to play for any new employer before the opening of the transfer window in January.

Pressley's last game for Hearts was in November's 0-0 draw at Inverness Caledonian Thistle last month.

"I have enjoyed my time at Tynecastle enormously and will be sad to leave," Pressley told the Hearts website on Saturday.

"Particularly, I would like to thank the fans for their support during my time at the club."

Pressley lifted the Scottish Cup in May following a successful season and many point to his presence in the dressing room as the main reason for that run of good form.

MY SPORT: DEBATE
Is Pressley the man to solve Rangers' defensive crisis?

JL
606: Have your say

Hearts head coach Valdas Ivanauskas had been silent on the issue but had recently claimed that Pressley was the club's "cement".

"It has been a difficult few weeks for both the club and Steven," said Ivanauskas.

"We recognise the tremendous contribution that Steven has made - both as a player and as captain at Tynecastle over the years - and we wish him all the best for the future

soory no song pun from me

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
seven stands said:
Hearts head coach Valdas Ivanauskas had been silent on the issue but had recently claimed that Pressley was the club's "cement".

Mmmm... there's MORTAR this than meets the eye... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here