Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Presidential Debate - Trump v Biden

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’ve no doubt he will get a second term. Trump tailors his bullshit to appeal to the massive redneck population in the US.
He’ll romp home.
The way the world is going, if he could be President indefinitely, he’d be in power for at least ten years.

I wouldn't put it past him to "do a Putin"???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What seems highly likely is if Trump loses he won't go quietly or easily. Could be proper messy

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I genuinely think he is mentally ill. The way he reacts to counter-argument and criticism is not normal, and it doesn't take much to get him to make spiteful remarks.

I’m of the same opinion. I was discussing as much with my daughter and we both agreed that part of his brain (if not all) has gone AWOL. The frightening thing in all of this are the toadying Republicans that suck up to him despite all the crap he spews and still will not oppose his views. As for his redneck, shit-for-brains, ya-hoo, ‘murica first dolts that will vote for him, all 100 million of them, God help us!:shootself

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’ve no doubt he will get a second term. Trump tailors his bullshit to appeal to the massive redneck population in the US.
He’ll romp home.
The way the world is going, if he could be President indefinitely, he’d be in power for at least ten years.

He doesn't need to persuade the rednecks, that's a given. To win he needs the undecided/middle ground vote and that display last night isn't going to endear him to them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m of the same opinion. I was discussing as much with my daughter and we both agreed that part of his brain (if not all) has gone AWOL. The frightening thing in all of this are the toadying Republicans that suck up to him despite all the crap he spews and still will not oppose his views. As for his redneck, shit-for-brains, ya-hoo, ‘murica first dolts that will vote for him, all 100 million of them, God help us!:shootself

I suspect Trump simply understands his market. He may come across to you and I like someone with mental health issues, but to his fanbase he is a stable genius. And to those who fear the democrats (like many in the UK 'fear' labour) they will hold their nose and vote for Trump (just as I would have and perhaps did hold my nose and vote Corbyn at the last GE - genuinely can't remember - would have voted for whever was more likely to beat the tory in my constituency).

Just like labour stumbled into into the tiny world of a clueless failure and his hopeless chums, just when it was needed to drive out a series of desperate, clueless and, latterly, venal tory leaders, the Democrats..... well you can guess the rest.

It is extremely unsettling to realise that many Americans fear the Democrats so much they are willing (if not happy, though many are) to back someone who regularly behaves like a taller Cartman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZpKWcMxGo

cartman.gif

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I wouldn't put it past him to "do a Putin"???

This has been my concern from the beginning.

He has far too much admiration for dictators.
Everyone thinks "it can't happen in America". Well, nothing would surprise me in 2020.
Trump does whatever the **** he wants and seems to be getting away with it.

He's a criminal, he appears to have a narcissistic personality disorder, he lies constantly and blatantly (and it's been normalised), he can barely string a sentence together (and it's been normalised).
I'm not even sure he wants the job, certainly not the responsibilities that come with it.
He's in love with power, money, celebrity but mostly himself.
He certainly doesn't give two ****s about the average person.

Not many politicians can be trusted but this guy seems determined to break all the rules of this so called democracy right in front of our eyes.
I suspect he'll win or steal the election - he started the "fraudulent mail-in voting" narrative ages ago, and it's working tremendously well already.
How the hell is Biden the alternative? (that's rhetorical).

I hope Gen Z destroys him at the polls but I'm not feeling very confident. Country is a mess.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Trump shoots himself in the foot yet again - if he would have been able to condemn white supremacists (no surprise he didn’t) he would have done some positive to digging himself out of the hole he’s currently in. Biden should have harped on that much more and continuously echo that when Trump kept bringing up his son & moscow. Biden wasn’t able to hit Trump while he was down at all - any other democratic nominee would have annihilated Trump last night. What a shame.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Bidens real in these is not so much losing voters but being so uninspiring/shouty people just wont bother to Vote.

There was times he was chipping back, he would be better off allowing trump to just chat shit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Bidens real in these is not so much losing voters but being so uninspiring/shouty people just wont bother to Vote.

There was times he was chipping back, he would be better off allowing trump to just chat shit

He needs to occasionally bait the hook.

Chipping in with a couple of well chosen, quietly spoken, jabs, would do wonders for his campaign going forward.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Trump shoots himself in the foot yet again - if he would have been able to condemn white supremacists (no surprise he didn’t) he would have done some positive to digging himself out of the hole he’s currently in. Biden should have harped on that much more and continuously echo that when Trump kept bringing up his son & moscow. Biden wasn’t able to hit Trump while he was down at all - any other democratic nominee would have annihilated Trump last night. What a shame.....

With the exception of Buttigieg you are correct. Biden didn't do great, however, he did have some good moments, especially his defense of Hunter, and his issues with drugs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see Trump camp is resorting to pushing claims Biden had an ear-piece and taking speed to stay alert. not really the direction of a campaign confident of winning.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Oh....I don't know....he's mature ( 77 )....he's straight ( ask all the women who claim he has sexually assaulted them ) and he has an impeccable political background, over many years ( :lolol: ).....what more could you ask for?

...somebody who could beat [guinessboy] the lying, chaotic, quasi-Nazi orange bungle**** with dubious financial affairs, obvious neopotism and one of the worst records on Covid [guinessboy] in an election

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
i see Trump camp is resorting to pushing claims Biden had an ear-piece and taking speed to stay alert. not really the direction of a campaign confident of winning.

Jesus! He’d have been better off smoking a spliff and putting in ear plugs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
there's no way for him stay on, has no power to extend term.

He'll have the supreme court on his side if he tries to change the law! The 22nd amendment limiting the presidency to two terms apparently only came in 1947. I guess the problem will be getting all 50 states to endorse it!!! Still, not sure that would stop him trying.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Interesting updated numbers on advanced polling. 1.7million now cast from states that report their numbers. At this same point in the 2016 election only about 10K people had voted.

People with Democratic affiliation outvoting Republicans almost 3-1. People with no party affiliation are outvoting Republicans. Looks like the early vote is coming out in Florida too with 132K votes cast already https://electproject.github.io/Earl...MnSrEa0EYxZGnfz4BJnJnr8Bx7AmcKSEQSJ4Pqbw_NvrQ

"So far, the numbers are consistent with a highly engaged electorate," [Michael McDonald, a University of Florida professor who runs the US Election Project] wrote. "I've been projecting for some time that perhaps as many as 150 million people will vote in the November election, which would be the largest number in raw terms, and the highest turnout rate for those eligible to vote since 1908."

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was really looking forward to the Debate and stayed up through the night for it.

It ended up like a tactical football match where Biden just let Trump play and just kept stepping out and catching him "offside" constantly. So boring.

Then in a wierd twist of fate. The Referee gave a Free Kick to Trump in his own box by asking him to condemn the "White Supremacist Group PB "

Miraculously. Trump took the Free Kick and said "Stand Back and Stand By"

That same Trump free kick response squirmed under his own keepers foot and into his own net..

After that all Biden had to do was keep springing his pre planned offside trap to see the game out.

I didn't even stay up for the final whistle because. Trump had already landed all his punches on Twitter in the weeks leading up to the match so he had no firepower on the bench.

Same again for the next 2 legs of the Debate.

All Biden needs to do is keep cool and let Trump score his obligatory own goal in each one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He'll have the supreme court on his side if he tries to change the law! The 22nd amendment limiting the presidency to two terms apparently only came in 1947. I guess the problem will be getting all 50 states to endorse it!!! Still, not sure that would stop him trying.

constitution changes go through congress and needs a 2/3rds majority from both houses, then states to ratify. wouldnt even get it through the Senate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here