Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Presidential Debate - Trump v Biden

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Trump exposed the lengths they would go to push a lie.

There's so many independent contents producers out there that have highlighted that "experts" for an example used by major outlets are actually more like paid actors and shills for big companies.

People were aware of a basic left/right wing bias in media but now they are being exposed for far more than that. There was a great example of such a thing when I think it was CNN brought on an "expert" in regards to something to do with pulling out of a conflict and when these independent people examined it more they found he was on the payroll of some arms company.

It's only now with technology available to track down such things that people are more aware of the skulduggery going on in the media and framed as factual information.

I would argue that the kind of deception you are describing here has been going on for decades. People have been exposing the arms, gun and all other kinds of lobby's dodgy involvement in the media and politics for years. Maybe this has been bought into more mainstream consciousness in recent times (but I doubt it) but I struggle to believe that it has anything to do with the Trump administration. I think you are probably closer to the truth with your suggestion it is more to do with technology.

I suppose the test for this being the Trump Administration is any efforts they have made to combat the situation and force media companies to improve their output. Raging against CNN bias while ignoring that of FOX notwithstanding I am unaware of any such efforts?

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
That is interesting.

What are thing they are disappointed with?

Sorry, for some reason I didn’t see this post. They thought he looked spiteful, petty and angry tonight relative to his normal demeanor (which they generally like....generally might be overstating it). They don’t think he is listening to his campaign and that he is looking to argue. It’s interesting because they first thought he was doing it to wear down Biden as he’s old and is likely in the early stages of dementia. He never stopped thought and it ended up making him look bad and turning off the conservatives that are already independent currently because they don’t like him.

The suburban mom, who is typically right of center, are looking at Joe as closer to them and are embarrassed that Trump represents their party. Trump didn’t help any of that tonight and they are reasonable enough to know it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry, for some reason I didn’t see this post. They thought he looked spiteful, petty and angry tonight relative to his normal demeanor (which they generally like....generally might be overstating it). They don’t think he is listening to his campaign and that he is looking to argue. It’s interesting because they first thought he was doing it to wear down Biden as he’s old and is likely in the early stages of dementia. He never stopped thought and it ended up making him look bad and turning off the conservatives that are already independent currently because they don’t like him.

The suburban mom, who is typically right of center, are looking at Joe as closer to them and are embarrassed that Trump represents their party. Trump didn’t help any of that tonight and they are reasonable enough to know it.

Thank you for your insight, that is interesting. I can understand that feeling.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
People in the US are terrified of black people gaining equality, terrified of climate change, terrified of losing their fossil fuel industry, terrified of gun regulation, terrified of brown skinned foreigners getting into their country.
They will vote for man that lies and tells them these things will never happen over someone telling them the truth. They would rather take short term comfort in a lie than face issues that are not going away .

With respect, please get off social media. I’m probably one of those “rednecks” that you’re callously referring to and this is a crap generalization and crap assumptions that those that don’t live in the south make. If southerners were as racist as you say you’d think most of the police shootings and riots would be in the southern states. Please, I’m asking you to be fair.

blackpopulation_uscensus.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's a sorry state of affairs when a concept of Anti-Fascism is demonised by a mainstream political parties and commentators.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
It's a sorry state of affairs when a concept of Anti-Fascism is demonised by a mainstream political parties and commentators.

Agree on the surface with what you’re saying (hopefully, nobody wouldn’t). The problem is the question asked is dangerous because there is nuance and neither candidate is intelligent enough to call it out. There is a difference between the concept of ANTIFA and the application of ANTIFA in the US. I agree with the concept. But there is a reason black people (including athletes such as black UFC fighters and NBA players who are BLM and who don’t like Trump) are on video physically stopping the young, white ANTIFA kids from destroying cities and private property in their name.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Same as the idea of black lives mattering. The problem is of course that the ideas of both of these things are politicised by those who are looking to further their own agenda.

Sadly this is evident across the board. There is a reason every BLM thread ends up in the bear pit.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Is Biden really the best candidate that Democrats can come up with in a Country that large?

Oh....I don't know....he's mature ( 77 )....he's straight ( ask all the women who claim he has sexually assaulted them ) and he has an impeccable political background, over many years ( :lolol: ).....what more could you ask for?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is Biden really the best candidate that Democrats can come up with in a Country that large?

It's extraordinary.

Faced with a lying, chaotic, quasi-Nazi orange bungle**** with dubious financial affairs, obvious neopotism and one of the worst records on Covid on the planet the Democrats appear to have put up an opposition candidate who's even less popular and even easier to attack than Hilary Clinton. It's like Obama was literally the only person in the party capable of anything.

I'm glad I don't live there.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
It's extraordinary.

Faced with a lying, chaotic, quasi-Nazi orange bungle**** with dubious financial affairs, obvious neopotism and one of the worst records on Covid on the planet the Democrats appear to have put up an opposition candidate who's even less popular and even easier to attack than Hilary Clinton. It's like Obama was literally the only person in the party capable of anything.

Bro! Don’t hate! Most of us (all races) avoid this crap and have a good time. Come to Nashville, we’ve got a sweet guest room with a great memory foam bed and your own bathroom. We will go to the only cider brewery in the south and hit up some music pubs and then a Predators or Titans game (our MLS team insults the breautiful game). I promise you social media vs actual life here isn’t nearly the same thing. For some strange virtual reason, I’m heart broken you think so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Bro! Don’t hate! Most of us (all races) avoid this crap and have a good time. Come to Nashville, we’ve got a sweet guest room with a great memory foam bed and your own bathroom. We will go to the only cider brewery in the south and hit up some music pubs and then a Predators or Titans game (our MLS team insults the breautiful game). I promise you social media vs actual life here isn’t nearly the same thing. For some strange virtual reason, I’m heart broken you think so.

Cider brewery?

*finds passport*

From an outsider's point of view I've never really seen two less presidential people. It was just two old men shouting at each other. Then again, in December we had Johnson v Corbyn :facepalm:

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Cider brewery?

*finds passport*

From an outsider's point of view I've never really seen two less presidential people. It was just two old men shouting at each other. Then again, in December we had Johnson v Corbyn :facepalm:

If you read through the thread you’ll see I completely agree. I just so happen to have grown up and live in a very diverse area where most of us think it’s funny how much hatred social media thinks we have with each other.

Imagine, getting a few Bobs Your Uncle and cheering on the Titans together! (I’m currently in an argument with me Chelsea supporting neighbor)!

Diskin_main_art.5ac7b12fe1902.jpg

Nissan-Stadium-and-Downtown-Nashville.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's extraordinary.

I look at the US and wonder whether people are ever going to see two ancient white blokes who clearly exhibit high levels of incompetence and think that surely their country of 350m can do better than these two.

But then, have you seen the state of our own government? Quite possibly the worst government we've ever had and not very representative of it's people. We are in no position to pontificate are we?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
With respect, please get off social media. I’m probably one of those “rednecks” that you’re callously referring to and this is a crap generalization and crap assumptions that those that don’t live in the south make. If southerners were as racist as you say you’d think most of the police shootings and riots would be in the southern states. Please, I’m asking you to be fair.

I don't know if you are a regular on this forum but there are a happy band on here who throw the words ' racist ' and ' fascist ' around about as many times as they draw breath. They do it so many times that the edges have become blurred and they don't stop to think as to whether they are being fair or not. Its the ' in ' thing in the UK at the moment to call anyone who differs from your point of view...a ' racist ' or a ' fascist ' They have become cheap throwaway words. Harsh and hurtful words in normal context but those barriers have sadly, been eroded. You are either a Left leaning, Brexit hating, Tory bashing, Trump deriding, intelligent citizen or you are a Right wing racist, fascist, xenophobic and unintelligent moron.
There is no fairness or moderation anymore. Everything is whipped up into a polarised frenzy. Young know best. Old are out of touch. White is mean and nasty. Black is down-trodden and oppressed. UK is finished. Europe is everything. Everyone is an expert and knows best. In truth, they haven't developed a rounded sense of tolerance and reason. Not their fault. They are products of an education system that was deliberately dumbed down, for two decades or more and was heavily influenced by left wing views and political correctness.
Time for breakfast. Think I'll have some Markle on Toast.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It’s so, so, so depressing that in 2020 the US still only has the choice of two, old, white, men talking over each other . We are ****ing doomed.

My nephew would be a better choice. And this is a kid I once found taken a shit in the fridge.

:lolol: This might have to be my new signature! Point beautifully made!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
But then, have you seen the state of our own government? Quite possibly the worst government we've ever had and not very representative of it's people. We are in no position to pontificate are we?

True. I did mention that in my reply to MCG. However we look on at this is probably how the rest of Europe and much of the world has been viewing us for a good while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In 8 years they've 'found' Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden.

8 years.
Eight years.
EIGHT YEARS.
Nearly a decade.
416 ish weeks
96 months.
2580 days.

The Albion were still playing at Withdean when they knew Obama was leaving office and they needed a votable candidate.

In all that time, out of 350m people, the democratic party have Seemingly found the only 2 people in America who can lose an election to Trump.

To do it once is unlucky.
To do it twice is planned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here