Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prescott under police investigation re: Albion decision

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Seagull73 said:
Yet another ill-informed hack thinking they are onto a lovely big story.

Just goes to show this journo knows nothing about the case really, and that they are just after Prescott and don't give a shit about the case.

Good spot. That f***ing journo's made it sound far more serious than it is.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Jim in the West said:
I'm still interested to know what was the REAL reason for Baker resigning from the Lib Dem front bench? First he said it was to devote more time to constituency matters, then he said it was to investigate the circumstances behind the death of Dr David Kelly (I hope the voters of Lewes are happy with the time he is devoting to this issue). However, his resignation followed very closely on the heels of the Mark Oaten issue, which severey embarrassed the LibDems. I have no information one way or the other, but could Norman have a few skeletons in his own cupboard? After Oaten (and, indeed, Charles Kennedy's alcohol problem), I'm sure the Lib Dems will have scoured their ranks for other potential embarrasments. It also seemed particularly strange, as Baker had supported Campbell in the LibDem leadership campaign, and would presumably have been expected to be rewarded by an increased role in the party??

Having said all that, Baker is a renowned super sleuth when it comes to investigating others' indiscretions (eg: Mandelson), and it would be rather bizarre if Baker himself had a less than clean record :)

Marvellous. How much to dig the dirt I wonder? :)

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
looney said:
Sadly it looks like prezzas a bad egg. Will it effect the court decision that is the real issue.

Quite possibly. If he is found guilty of breaking the code, his office would find it difficult to represent themselves in the court case. Also the desicion will reflect badly on the club and the judge may have preconcieved ideas about us bribing cabinet ministers to have a favourable attitude to our cause.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jim in the West said:
I'm still interested to know what was the REAL reason for Baker resigning from the Lib Dem front bench? First he said it was to devote more time to constituency matters, then he said it was to investigate the circumstances behind the death of Dr David Kelly (I hope the voters of Lewes are happy with the time he is devoting to this issue). However, his resignation followed very closely on the heels of the Mark Oaten issue, which severey embarrassed the LibDems. I have no information one way or the other, but could Norman have a few skeletons in his own cupboard? After Oaten (and, indeed, Charles Kennedy's alcohol problem), I'm sure the Lib Dems will have scoured their ranks for other potential embarrasments. It also seemed particularly strange, as Baker had supported Campbell in the LibDem leadership campaign, and would presumably have been expected to be rewarded by an increased role in the party??

Having said all that, Baker is a renowned super sleuth when it comes to investigating others' indiscretions (eg: Mandelson), and it would be rather bizarre if Baker himself had a less than clean record :)
some investigative journalism into Norman Baker wouldn't come amiss. As Prescott has been "favourable" to Adenstar through some tenuous link (journalism 101) , I wonder if there is any photographic evidence of Norman using public conveniences whilst in the course of his official duties ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would love to see some dirt thrown about on either Baker or De Vecchi.

As far as I'm concerned Baker's act of rehashing of a very old story on the front pages yesterday, with absolutely no substance to it and nothing to prove any wrongdoing, is virtually dirty tricks.

He has shamelessly used the current frenzy over Prezza to gratuitously boost his own cause, and it is all smear and innuendo. Chapman must be livid. He has not actually been accused of anything by the coward Baker (nor will he be) but his reputation has still been besmirched.

It does make you wonder if there can be a rightful place for blackmail, violence and extortion in a civilised society. That's ironic (just about), if any of you fuckwit NIMBYs are reading.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I'm not for a minute suggesting anything illegal has taken place, I once hear a suggestion that Mr Baker has a couple of, shall we say, small skeletons in the closet of his private life.

Not the Mark Oaten type of closet, I must add, just a normal one.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
FROM THE MET

The Metropolitan Police have made clear that they have not yet decided if they will investigate corruption allegations against John Prescott.

A spokeswoman said that the Met are just "considering" the allegations made against the Deputy Prime Minister before deciding what further action to take.

She said: "We can confirm that we have received several allegations alleging an offence under the Prevention of Corruption Acts 1906/1916 and we are considering their content. The allegations are in relation to hospitality or consideration received from a person or organisatioin which has obtained or is trying to obtain an official contract. No decision has been made as to whether the Metropolitan Police Service will investigate these allegations."

The spokeswoman said reports that the police were taking the allegations 'seriously' were "pre-emptive" and denied there were already plans to interview Mr Prescott. "As we haven't got an investigation running, there is no interview strategy set," she said.

She would not say when the police were likely to decide whether to investigate the allegations.

ends

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
StaffsGull said:
BAKER , KISS MY ARSE :angry: :angry: :angry:
Do i have to?
Oh go on then, but no farting ok?:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
clapham_gull said:
Very worrying, but the gloves are very much off now (if they weren't before) and with Prescott on the ropes it looks like Baker is jumping on the anti-Prescott bangwagon and bringing the club into in the process.

I assume he is referring to Prescott opening the new premises of Adenstar and not piegate

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1688933,00.html

An horrendously biased article.I almost want to march against Falmer myself now.

It's slowly slipping away.We're doomed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here