Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prescott keeps job as ODPM but loses portfolio

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, is Presser now Minister without portfolio?

"Ex-education secretary Ruth Kelly is to take over some of Mr Prescott's responsibilities covering communities and local government. The department will be renamed and restructured."

It's not entirely clear how planning will fit in.

I'm waiting to find out what David Miliband will be responsible for - assuming he survives the reshuffle.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull said:
Storer, you now have the delight of having Alistair Darling as your new boss, someone who has done virtually nothing to improve the railways and orchestrated massive cuts in services in the West Country.

so it would appear. :lolol: is it me or does he look like a badger

West Hoathly Seagull said:
Storer, you now have the delight of having Alistair Darling as your new boss, someone who has done virtually nothing to improve the railways and orchestrated massive cuts in services in the West Country.

improvement from Alan johnson then , who just did nothing

The Large One said:
Is Milliband an old mucker of yours?
Nope.

He currently has responsibilities for planning. He is sound on matters that are important to the Albion. He is already a Cabinet Minister. And he's been tipped for promotion, rather than relegation.

Last edited:

It is also worth noting that Yvette Cooper, the minister who granted us the Falmer permission, is a very close political contemporary of Ruth Kelly right back to the days they were at Oxford together in the late 80s and right up and past the puke-making Third Way think-ins that Blair was organising shortly after getting elected.

I would have been concerned if Prescott had gone before the Falmer decision but he has laid down policy for the department. Kelly is a technocrat with a ferocious attention to detail and I think probably a better bet to win a court planning battle to defend her department's decision than the old slugger himself.

Last edited:

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Ms Kelly lists her leisure interests as walking, swimming and watching Bolton Wanderers football club.

Well at least she likes football.... and will hopefully understand what a good new stadium (like Reebok) can do to a club.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Gilliver's Travels said:
Ruth Kelly... member of Opus Dei... wearer of steel-barbed cilice garter around thigh... da Vinci code... de Vecchi code... all in this together... secret rituals on Chanctonbury ring... plot to eliminate Prescott... beautiful, willowy secretary... (shurely shome mishtake. Ed)

sounds like a gel after my own heart does our ruthie.
well some of it does...
;)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
"Ruth Kelly becomes Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, the renamed Office of the Deputy Prime Minister."

So does Miliband take on planning decisions as Environment sec, or will it be Kelly?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The Prime Minister's spokesman said Mr Prescott would keep his salary and grace and favour accommodation in recognition of his heavy workload.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :angry: :angry: :angry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not sure Tracey will like being described as "heavy workload":lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here