Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prescott keeps job as ODPM but loses portfolio

John Prescott remains as deputy prime minister and in his elected role as deputy leader of the Labour Party but is losing his porfolio - the 'super ministry' known as the ODPM. It covered housing, local government, regeneration, planning and urban and regional issues. It is widely speculated its duties will be split up.

:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Getting Prescott's portfolio, including Planning, is I think, considered a demotion from Education.

I've just told the missus - who runs her own school - that Ruth Kelly is taking on the Falmer project, and she burst out laughing in a derisory sort of way. :(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah well thats it then

£ 3 000 000 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
On balance, I don't think I am, Laura.

Ruth Kelly is a straight down the middle non-applecart upsetting Politician. Falmer was approved on the back of government policy, and is something she will therefore uphold. John Prescott still holds a certain amount of sway as Deupty Prime Minister. He is NOT going to appreciate Ruth Kelly turning something as high profile as Falmer on its head.

Just suppose she did reverse the decision, the Albion would appeal (sorry, take it to Judicial Review) and win, and she would have cost the government another small fortune and more credibility.

I think it's going to be alright. :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This is the worst possible news we could have.

Of all of the Government ministers we could have had making the decision, this is one appointment we could have done without!

Why on earch is anyone happy, this could mean the total end of the club???

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Large One said:

Ruth Kelly is a straight down the middle non-applecart upsetting Politician. Falmer was approved on the back of government policy, and is something she will therefore uphold. John Prescott still holds a certain amount of sway as Deupty Prime Minister. He is NOT going to appreciate Ruth Kelly turning something as high profile as Falmer on its head.

Just suppose she did reverse the decision, the Albion would appeal (sorry, take it to Judicial Review) and win, and she would have cost the government another small fortune and more credibility.

Thanks, you've calmed me down a bit!!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The Large One said:

Hope your optimism is right, TLO.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Storer68 said:
John Prescott remains as deputy prime minister and in his elected role as deputy leader of the Labour Party but is losing his porfolio - the 'super ministry' known as the ODPM. It covered housing, local government, regeneration, planning and urban and regional issues. It is widely speculated its duties will be split up.

:clap2:

Storer, you now have the delight of having Alistair Darling as your new boss, someone who has done virtually nothing to improve the railways and orchestrated massive cuts in services in the West Country.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm not as worried as some of you may be. The decision to grant permission HAS already been made. It's just the wording that has to be altered. I wouldn't be surprised if Prezza sees this through.

Or am I totally off my McCammon, LB?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont think the final decision will change, but with new Ministers (and esp with something controversial) there is always the chance of "lets have another look".

I just think this just delays it even more.

I would ahve been more happier if John Reid had got it. He hates miidle class snobs more than Prezza. He would have approved the stadium, plus a Nuclear Power station to go with it :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh shit, giving the Falmer decision to a women, it'll be a multi storey Marks & Spencer store now, you wait and see

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Ruth Kelly... member of Opus Dei... wearer of steel-barbed cilice garter around thigh... da Vinci code... de Vecchi code... all in this together... secret rituals on Chanctonbury ring... plot to eliminate Prescott... beautiful, willowy secretary... (shurely shome mishtake. Ed)

Who cares... bloody good conspiracy theory...
Arrgghhh!!!!

:eek: I think we should all be very worried...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here