Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
In the last nine months I have won precisely £200 in total. There was one month when I had just had half the holding as I cashed out half and bought new ones. Unfortunately it hasn’t improved my return.
Seriously thinking about taking it all out😏
I'm really not convinced that cashing them out and buying new ones makes any difference, tbh. I'm sure that someone may be able to confirm or deny that.
Besides, you also miss out on a draw, as they are entered into the following month.
I'll stick with it, as it gives us a 'reasonable' return, with the added spice of a potential large win.....or nothing....as was the case this month. :)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm really not convinced that cashing them out and buying new ones makes any difference, tbh. I'm sure that someone may be able to confirm or deny that.
Besides, you also miss out on a draw, as they are entered into the following month.
I'll stick with it, as it gives us a 'reasonable' return, with the added spice of a potential large win.....or nothing....as was the case this month. :)
1725369231670.png

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We’ve enjoyed slightly better than average luck, over the last 12 months’ draws. In total we’ve won £4,525 on our joint maximum holding of £100k. So that’s an annual return rate of 4.525%. Tax free of course.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
never too late. a winner 64 years on with a single bond holding! PS not me just copied from winners list
I wonder what the story was? A god-parent buying a child one maybe? Hope ERNIE knows who it was. A lovely surprise for somebody.
Prize valueWinning BondHoldingAreaBond ValuePurchased
£25,0002AZ543082£1Staffordshire£1Apr-60

Last edited:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
never too late. a winner 64 years on with a single bond holding! PS not me just copied from winners list
I wonder what the story was? A god-parent buying a child one maybe? Hope ERNIE knows who it was. A lovely surprise for somebody.
Prize valueWinning BondHoldingAreaBond ValuePurchased
£25,0002AZ543082£1Staffordshire£1Apr-60
There’s hope for us all!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I agree but after 4 consecutive months of zero return I was happy to chance it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here