Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
£50 off £7.5k.

That makes it £350 in the last 6 months. A phenomenal run considering the relatively small amount I've got in there.

PS Can people stop saying "invested" - Premium Bonds are not an investment.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
£50 off £7.5k.

That makes it £350 in the last 6 months. A phenomenal run considering the relatively small amount I've got in there.

PS Can people stop saying "invested" - Premium Bonds are not an investment.
Quite right. Bonds held. Incredible returns.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For the first month in a while, my returns have been something approaching the 4.4% average. I guess it's the potential for winning biggly that I have to account for, but overall I feel that I've got far better value from the low-coupon gilts I bought about 9 months ago as far as tax-efficient savings are concerned.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Only £175 this month, from a joint £100,000 maximum holding. That’s equivalent to an annualised rate of return of 2.1% tax free. Compared to the current average luck return of 4.4%.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Sadly my father-in-law passed away in March and my wife has taken on his premium bonds, about £15k worth. Won £10k last month. Cheers, Brian.
Sorry to hear your bad, followed by good news, although how did your wife 'take them on'?
I understood they were strictly non-transferable, and could only be cashed-in by next of kin and obviously you're then able to purchase new bonds, if you so wish.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Sorry to hear your bad, followed by good news, although how did your wife 'take them on'?
I understood they were strictly non-transferable, and could only be cashed-in by next of kin and obviously you're then able to purchase new bonds, if you so wish.
Ok, bear with me in case I haven't got this quite right. We notified Premium Bonds of my father-in-law's death and were told that the numbers can be kept in his name for up to another year. My wife is currently sorting transfer of probate for various assets so this £10k win is being "held" by Premium Bonds until this is complete. Once done, this and the original amount can then be cashed in. So yes "take them on" I suppose is not strictly correct, but the letter notifying of the win was sent to my wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here