Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

''premiershite is boring...blah blah blah''

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Shall we aim to stay in the second and/or third tiers of English football then? ???

Would you never like to see the Albion become a Premiership club?

Whether I personally want it is not the issue.

The point is, Brighton & Hove Albion are unlikely to make the Premier League, and even if we did, there's no way will EVER be truly competitive.

So while you're wanking yourself silly over the Premier League being the 'best league in the world' (in reality: lots of money, four big teams, and a load of also-rans playing meaningless games), ask yourself:

'How exactly is the super-rich Premier League benefiting me, as an Albion and England fan?'

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
So while you're wanking yourself silly over the Premier League being the 'best league in the world' (in reality: lots of money, four big teams, and a load of also-rans playing meaningless games), ask yourself:

'How exactly is the super-rich Premier League benefiting me, as an Albion and England fan?'

I've wanked myself silly, and asked myself the question you put to me. I think I've come up with an answer...

Because it's entertaining. I enjoy watching MOTD, and occasionally going to the pub to watch a live game.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Albion in person whenever they play but they are not going to be on the telly anytime soon are they? Therefore I get my football fix (away from the Albion) by watching Premier League football on the box.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Don't you find ity amazing/pathetic how nobody has any respect for anybody else opinion apart from their own on here!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ha. Ask Derby fans what they think of it.

Just because a team reaches the Premier League, doesn't mean they're competing in it.

The Premier League will be a closed shop - with no relegation - within a decade anyway. The chances of Albion making the big time again are slim to say the least.

The family of Derby fans know love it, They would rather a season of playing Man Utd etc than another in the Chapmionship even if it does mean a swift return.

I would assume most Derby fans feel the same as most games are sell outs.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I've wanked myself silly, and asked myself the question you put to me. I think I've come up with an answer...

Because it's entertaining. I enjoy watching MOTD, and occasionally going to the pub to watch a live game.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Albion in person whenever they play but they are not going to be on the telly anytime soon are they? Therefore I get my football fix (away from the Albion) by watching Premier League football on the box.

Oh well, f*** the future of English football. As long as you are entertained, that's okay.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Premiership is a madhouse.

Its a league whereby a manager gets his team promoted via the Playoffs, gets NO money from the board to improve the squad, then gets sacked when the team are predictably rock-bottom and getting whupped every week (step forward Derby).

Its a league where a guy takes over a team that finished 4 points off relegation last season, tranforms them into a top 8 side this season pushing for Europe, and yet still has his position "up for review" in the summer (step forward Man City).

Its a league where a guy has got his team level on points at the top of the Preimiership, and into the semi-finals of the Champions League as well as making it into a domestic Cup Final, yet still has fans calling for his head and telling him he doesn't know what he's doing, and who's position is in doubt this summer (step forward Chelsea).

Its a league that sacks a manager after 5 months, who has a proven track record of making a silk purse out of a sows ear and over timed getting teams punching well above their weight, in favour of appointing a flaky cheerleader who has a history of walking as soon as the going gets tough, who'd been out of the game for three years, and openly admitted he'd "not watched any football" during that time (step forward Newcastle).

Its a league that turns a blind eye to a club playing a ringer for almost an entire season, and despite being lied to over this player, and the club cheating its way out of relegation because of it, still didn't see fit to levy anything other than a small fine and a "don't do it again" (step forward West Sham).

Its a league that,despite widespread condemnation, intends to force through an additional match on the other side of the planet that nobody is interested in and nobody wants (step forward Scudamore).

Its a league that was set up under the pretence of being "the blueprint for english football" and would be geared towards benefitting the National team, but now hosts getting on for 70% of foreigner nationals, with some clubs not even fielding so much as a single englishman.

Its a league completely dictated to by television that a season ticket holder may have to plan watching his team on any given fixture any time between 12.30 on a Saturday and 8pm on a Monday.

Its a league stuffed with clubs that charge whatever the hell they like, and care nothing about pricing the long-standing fanbase out of their stadiums in a constant effort to chase to corporate dollar (step forward...well, take your pick).

Not sure I'd even WANT to be a part of all that to be honest. It'd be great for a season to visit all the stadiums I suppose, but once thats over with, I'd rather be a top-half Championship club I think. That'd probably do me.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

Its a league whereby a manager gets his team promoted via the Playoffs, gets NO money from the board to improve the squad, then gets sacked when the team are predictably rock-bottom and getting whupped every week (step forward Derby).

Its a league where a guy takes over a team that finished 4 points off relegation last season, tranforms them into a top 8 side this season pushing for Europe, and yet still has his position "up for review" in the summer (step forward Man City).

Its a league where a guy has got his team level on points at the top of the Preimiership, and into the semi-finals of the Champions League as well as making it into a domestic Cup Final, yet still has fans calling for his head and telling him he doesn't know what he's doing, and who's position is in doubt this summer (step forward Chelsea).

Its a league that sacks a manager after 5 months, who has a proven track record of making a silk purse out of a sows ear and over timed getting teams punching well above their weight, in favour of appointing a flaky cheerleader who has a history of walking as soon as the going gets tough, who'd been out of the game for three years, and openly admitted he'd "not watched any football" during that time (step forward Newcastle).

Its a league that turns a blind eye to a club playing a ringer for almost an entire season, and despite being lied to over this player, and the club cheating its way out of relegation because of it, still didn't see fit to levy anything other than a small fine and a "don't do it again" (step forward West Sham).

Its a league that,despite widespread condemnation, intends to force through an additional match on the other side of the planet that nobody is interested in and nobody wants (step forward Scudamore).

Its a league that was set up under the pretence of being "the blueprint for english football" and would be geared towards benefitting the National team, but now hosts getting on for 70% of foreigner nationals, with some clubs not even fielding so much as a single englishman.

Its a league completely dictated to by television that a season ticket holder may have to plan watching his team on any given fixture any time between 12.30 on a Saturday and 8pm on a Monday.

Its a league stuffed with clubs that charge whatever the hell they like, and care nothing about pricing the long-standing fanbase out of their stadiums in a constant effort to chase to corporate dollar (step forward...well, take your pick).

Not sure I'd even WANT to be a part of all that to be honest. It'd be great for a season to visit all the stadiums I suppose, but once thats over with, I'd rather be a top-half Championship club I think. That'd probably do me.

Very good post :clap:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
the_morningprog_1988b.jpg

He may have "Ape" like hands. However spare a thought for the poor chap, once upon a time he only had THREE fingers on his left hand, as the above picture clearly shows.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Btw, I assume Premier League fans on here must be REALLY EXCITED about Euro 2008 this summer.

Just like the Premier League, it's FULL of superstar players, and YOUR TEAM isn't in it. Woo-hoo!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Btw, I assume Premier League fans on here must be REALLY EXCITED about Euro 2008 this summer.

Just like the Premier League, it's FULL of superstar players, and YOUR TEAM isn't in it. Woo-hoo!

At least we've got the chance to win a free Mars football to play with over the summer :lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Comparable things go on in every single league in the country. Lewes??

Brighton have never been likely to challenge at the top level, ever, not just now. Were we ever likely to compete with Liverpool in the 70's and 80's?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Brighton have never been likely to challenge at the top level, ever, not just now. Were we ever likely to compete with Liverpool in the 70's and 80's?

BUT we weren't that different to, say, Spurs.

They're now at least a 100 times bigger than we are.

And they're miles behind the top four!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Comparable things go on in every single league in the country. Lewes??

We beat Liverpool once at Anfield in the league, and twice in the FA Cup, (one after we were back in div 2 pedants) as well as two fantastic draws at the Goldstone, in our four years in Division 1, we managed draws at Old Trafford and beat them at home, and we beat Arsenal too. I don't even think Chelsea were in the top division in that period.

I remember after a heady 1-0 win at Wolves on a Tuesday night when we rose to fifth in div 1 in 1981-2. This will NEVER happen again.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Whilst yes there is some excitement in the Premier League no doubting that, but if you support a club like Villa, Tottenham, Everton etc. Then every year you are too good to get relegated but you know until things are changed drastically you are never going to win the league. Thats the sad thing about the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here