• More likely the conference you fool

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Only the champions league will be good enough for me

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its do able you only need to look at Blackpool and Donny to know that with a limited budget you can push for the top end of the championship.
Lets get out of League 1 first, thats going to be very tricky

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't understand why so many people are certain that we won't be, we've got a mega rich chairman and there are loads of clubs pushing for it now (Cardiff, Swansea, brizzle city, not to mention Reading), who were on a par with us a couple of years back. Ok it may not happen but I certainly see us being in the championship playoffs in the next five years.

You must have breathed a lot of that noxious sea air at Hartlepool yesterday!

But, seriously, I think it will be at least five years before we start knocking on the Premier Leagues door.

We will be there one day, maybe within the next 10 years, I mean look at what happened at Hull. It all boils down to Gus remaining as manager for years to come and building a team, a job in which Russel Slade, Wilkins and Mcghee were all capable of, we just didn't give them enough time.

Ah well, it all worked out so much better for us in the end. Can I also say I am adamant we have two Premier league ready players amongst us already, Calderon and Crofts, the later may be a surprise but in my mind he would be 7/10 for any club in the world as the job he does involves more running around and harassing than having the ball at his feet.

We WILL get there, but let's focus on filling Falmer and regular Championship football first.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I see us realists are in the majority, 1 or 2 more seasons to get to the Championship then a nice long period of consolidation (or more like 5 years of yoyo up and down again......)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's do able in the next 5 years.

The sooner we do it the more chance that Gus will stick about to take us there.

If we go up to the Championship then I don't think he will leave us for anyone. He is very unlikely to get offered a Premiership job as Premier League clubs don't tend to offer them to Managers of lower division clubs and We will have a good chance of creating an awesome club once we get some momentum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here