Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership Tonight

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't agree with thall those saying Poyet won't be offered premiership jobs. Why not? Zolas first job was West Ham in the premierleague.

that was Westham. When was the last time one of the top clubs appointed an untried and untested top tier manager?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Barcelona appointed Pep Guardiola. That's not gone badly, has it?

Exactly. People can see a class act when I see one.

It doesn't matter whether he started at Brighton, at Crawley or at Newcastle. The guys a winner and has an amazing footballing brain. The big clubs will come sniffing before you know it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unforunately, have to agree. :down:

It won't be until he has actually seen out the league title though. And he won't want to leave what he's already started here. I wouldn't be suprised if the club he leaves us for is Chelsea, ultimately, and I'll feel a lot of pride in that should it happen. We have a brilliant young manager here, but the downside to that is the fact he'll be wanted by the bigger clubs. Hopefully, we'll get a full season out of him next season, in the Championship, and if we then get another season out of him after that, it might mean something very special indeed!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Yeah I'm doing Milan Away aswell , can't wait - think you paid £125 for your flights didn't you? If you booked with Azza?

Payed £55 for mine, flying to Turin, back from Parma. :rave:

About time we lost tonight to be fair, results elsewhere we quite kind to Spurs, so not too much damage done.

got mine for £98 as flying from Bristol and meeting them out there a similar time..cant wait:drink:

I wont go into one with you then Aldo, I do though totally agree with your comments on Roy. He is a third rate manager with only 3 away wins in 39 league games for both Fulham & Liverpool. That speaks volumes.

Telling indeed. Away from home is where the spirit and mettle gets fully put to the test - so apparently Roy Hodgson has failed to be a big enough motivator in that department. Too bad, he's definitely a likeable and decent 'old-school' man - but that's not enough to win league points, at least not on the road.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Barcelona appointed Pep Guardiola. That's not gone badly, has it?

i was rather thinking in the English league. i wasnt saying Poyet is up to it, but rather i dont see Liverpool, Chelsea or the like risking it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It really is cringeworthy when teams moan about time wasting, all teams do it at some point. Its up to the home team to break them down and stop it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here