Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership Ticket Prices-What would be your cut off price for watching Albion ?

Whats the highest price ticket you would buy to regularly watch albion ?

• £75

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • £60

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • £50

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • £30

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm just interested , as I'm sure a lot of people know , I'm a chelsea fan, Ive been going since 1969 aged four and a regular since 1980, but aparrt from the spirit of the club being destroyed by the JCL's ticket prices are now ridiculously expensive, the cheapest ticket for chelsea v arsenal is £56, which seems a joke for an hour and a half of what could be a crap game , I can afford it , but i'm disillusioned with it , and to be honest , dont think i'll be going anywhere near as regularly in future, so the question is , how high would ticket prices have to go to stop you watching brighton ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I expect that most regularly attending Albion fans are already starting to look at ticket prices in slightly different terms - not what is the price per match, but what is the monthly direct debit.

For example £40 per match in the Premiership would equate to £63 per month (£40 * 19 games / 12 months).

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'm just interested , as I'm sure a lot of people know , I'm a chelsea fan, Ive been going since 1969 aged four and a regular since 1980, but aparrt from the spirit of the club being destroyed by the JCL's ticket prices are now ridiculously expensive, the cheapest ticket for chelsea v arsenal is £56, which seems a joke for an hour and a half of what could be a crap game , I can afford it , but i'm disillusioned with it , and to be honest , dont think i'll be going anywhere near as regularly in future, so the question is , how high would ticket prices have to go to stop you watching brighton ?

There should be a £50 cap on it. The reason there never will be is because they know people will always pay it. £50 away tickets in the Prem are; Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal & United. The others range between £25-40. I've payed £50 in the past, but from now on the only game I'll shell out £50 for is Arsenal.

Really should be a cap though.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I voted £30 but I guess I would pay up to £40 but I might go less if it was.
I look at it on a par with a gig. I wouldn't pay anymore than £35-40 to go to a gig. I am not talking about super groups or artists but regular band gigs. I am also talking about the bottom end price. I would pay 100 for a gig if I had a box and got free drink etc but to be down the front in the stalls with 2000 others, I think £35-40 is the max.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There should be a £50 cap on it. The reason there never will be is because they know people will always pay it. £50 away tickets in the Prem are; Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal & United. The others range between £25-40. I've payed £50 in the past, but from now on the only game I'll shell out £50 for is Arsenal.

Really should be a cap though.
You wouldnt pay £ 50 for chelsea v tottenham ? that surprises me , there's still an edge to that one that even the plastics cant take away.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As Bozza says, it's difficult to judge a per match figure as most people look at it now as a monthly DD. I would be reluctant to pay £50 or more for a ticket, not just out of principle but because I wouldn't be able to afford that amount for each game.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I still think Man United are pretty cheap if you look at other clubs prices namely London ones.

50 would have to be for the best seats in the house then say £5 step downs from there.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The clubs have to manage it right. If it was £40 per game instead of £30. I go to about 15 home games per year. I would probaly go about 5 games a year less. So that is a potential £150 less but £100 more for the 10 matches I attend. So therefore its a loss of £50 on me. Add to that all the money I spend in the ground on a matchday about £25 so thats £125 less.

So purely on me, the club would lose £175 a year by putting the price up by a tenner.
It just begs the question if someone would take my place?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The clubs have to manage it right. If it was £40 per game instead of £30. I go to about 15 home games per year. I would probaly go about 5 games a year less. So that is a potential £150 less but £100 more for the 10 matches I attend. So therefore its a loss of £50 on me. Add to that all the money I spend in the ground on a matchday about £25 so thats £125 less.

So purely on me, the club would lose £175 a year by putting the price up by a tenner.
It just begs the question if someone would take my place?

At chelsea, yes , someone would take your place, but its proved at the expense of atmosphere.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You wouldnt pay £ 50 for chelsea v tottenham ? that surprises me , there's still an edge to that one that even the plastics cant take away.

Probably not, I have always hated Chelsea more than Arsenal but Arsenal away is still "the one". I think my attitude now is a case of having £50 that would cover a Friday night out, or having £50 to watch Tottenham get stuffed at Stamford Bridge...

My season ticket is only £690 though, which I think is very reasonable.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Probably not, I have always hated Chelsea more than Arsenal but Arsenal away is still "the one". I think my attitude now is a case of having £50 that would cover a Friday night out, or having £50 to watch Tottenham get stuffed at Stamford Bridge...

My season ticket is only £690 though, which I think is very reasonable.
£690 is reasonable , we havent got you till next april at home , maybe you'll change your mind by then!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
£690 is reasonable , we havent got you till next april at home , maybe you'll change your mind by then!

Yeah, you get two cup tokens with that too (Hearts & Shamrock Rovers this season :facepalm:) .

Our away tickets for Rubin Kazan were £6. Says it all really...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hard to say. Every home game? £30 max. 7-10 a season? £50 I suppose if we were up the top of the Prem.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hard to say. Every home game? £30 max. 7-10 a season? £50 I suppose if we were up the top of the Prem.
even top of the prem £50 is extortionate if you look at it in the cold light of day, so someone like tevez can throw a hissy fit and refuse to play whilst trousering £250k a week, or even so journeymen like paulo ferreira can cop £50k a week, its a piss take really, especially when you consider how many actually give a shit about the club and fans, you have exceptions like the neville brothers , tosspots that they are! but lets face it, most players probably see the fans as mugs that keep them in brasses and ferraris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here