Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership relegation

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would love it (LOVE IT) if Newcastle sank back out of the Premiership. Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew, the whole stinking Chris Hughton thing and 'the best fans in the world ever' (TM) is a heady mix that deserves some serious bad karma.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Crodo has a habit of hyping any premier league match as if it is the greatest match of all time etc.

I don't know if it is a wind up (pretty bad one if it is, imo) or satire at the media coverage, or a genuine belief, but since he was hyping the run in it would be constured as his typical hyping wind up/satire even though it happens to be true this time.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Crodo has a habit of hyping any premier league match as if it is the greatest match of all time etc.

I don't know if it is a wind up (pretty bad one if it is, imo) or satire at the media coverage, or a genuine belief, but since he was hyping the run in it would be constured as his typical hyping wind up/satire even though it happens to be true this time.

Got ya. You're right.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of teams I'd be happy to lose I don't think Wigan or Blackburn bring much to the party. Birmingham have also won a trophy so maybe they should now f*** off to Championship, which is where, historically, they normally reside.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
For preference rather than form predictions etc .. I'd like to see West Ham, Wigan and Blackburn drop into the Championship.

BB

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
i dont want newcastle to go down as the slightest chance of getting lualua would fade, me thinks. West ham would be nice as it is easy to get to and have a few mates who suppoirts them. Villa would be nice to beat after thye FA cup last season. dont care who else :ascarf:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As said before, I think it will be:

Villa or West Brom
Blackpool
Wigan

As for teams that I would like to see relegated:
Wigan (noddy outfit of no interest)
West Ham (don't like them)
Fulham or Blackburn (for away day reasons)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I would love it (LOVE IT) if Newcastle sank back out of the Premiership. Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew, the whole stinking Chris Hughton thing and 'the best fans in the world ever' (TM) is a heady mix that deserves some serious bad karma.

As good as that sounds you would then have to put up with

(1) Every live game on the BBC next year being Newcastle V somebody with a commentary saying how grateful we should be for watching the mighty Newcastle on the Tellybox.
(2) Half an hour on the Football League show every week giving updates on how great Kevin Nolan's goal record is or how Joey Barton hasn't beaten anyone to death in the past year.
(3) More Iconic pictures of pie eating Northerners with thier tops off singing Newcastle till I die before boycotting the ground with an Ashley out banner. Then a lecture about us Southerners and how all we do is go the theatre and drink Chablis all from the confines of a half empty St James's park.

Newcastle = Wankers.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
And Blackburn have a tough run, mental owners and a manager from the Jeff Wood school of Leadership. 2-1. Lump on.

Wigan and Birmingham to join them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As said before, I think it will be:

Villa or West Brom
Blackpool
Wigan

As for teams that I would like to see relegated:
Wigan (noddy outfit of no interest)
West Ham (don't like them)
Fulham or Blackburn (for away day reasons)

Blackburn is a dump!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I would like to see:

Wigan - absolute nothing team with no redeeming features
Blackburn - never taken any interest in them
West Brom - so they can once again BOUNCE BACK

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
If i had to make a guess - Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn. Really hope Blackpool stay up just for their entertainment value

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But the whole point of satire is to distort, to make obvious that what's being done/said is wrong/stupid etc. What crodo has said isn't wrong or stupid, therefore for me doesn't really work as satire/a wind up, because more often than not what he says is actually true/correct, just said in a silly way.

If it's just a satire on HOW Sky Sports presenters present things, then fair enough. Worth 4,000-odd posts though? A lot of time on his hands...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I wouldnt write Wigan off just yet, only one win would see them out of the relegation zone, and they are the sort of team who could sneak a shock win against one of the team in the top half of the table.

I think Blackpool are one of those team that will finish mid-table and supprise a few people on the way and then have a dire season next time around and get comfortably relegated. Shame if it does happen as I think they are one of the best things about the Premier League at the moment.

I think Birmingham will be safe aswell, their home form will help them and I dont think Ol' Big 'Ed will let them go down without putting in a decent fight, which could just see them home and dry, same for Wolves.

I can see West Brom dropping, along with Blackburn.

Fulhams goal diffrence might come in handy towards the end of the season and I cant see them going down, especially if Zamora can find some of the form he had last season.

Im not sure who will be the 3rd team to drop, I want to say West Ham, but they have found a bit of form recently so who knows.

Im pretty sure we wont know any of the final 3 until the last day though. Should be fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here