Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership - our turn soon?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My only fear is that I wouldn't be able to afford to go to away matches any more and half of them would be on a Sunday.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The figures banded about after the game yesterday were that promotion would mean something like £80-90m to Blackpool...that sort of money would pretty much pay for Falmer...you can bet that Mr Bloom, if he wants to see a real return on his investment, wants to see us play in the Premiership. Will it happen, who knows, do the club want to be playing there...even if some of the fans seem unsure...you bet they do!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that some people do not want us to be in the Premiership. Surely it must be the ambition of every fan to be in their countries top division and be challenging for trophies. Without this ambition there is no point in supporting a club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I want us to remain in the third tier being run like a cottage industry as i wouldnt want to be anywhere near the premier league millions and god forbid run like a professional outfit.

I want to be excited about Oldham away and not Man Utd.

i hope you jest. otherwise, whats the point? if we are heading for promotion at chirstmas should we start playing the reserves to keep us down in the cottage industry leauge?

the point of sport is to win. if you're not at least trying to win to be the best there's no purpose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i hope you jest. otherwise, whats the point? if we are heading for promotion at chirstmas should we start playing the reserves to keep us down in the cottage industry leauge?

the point of sport is to win. if you're not at least trying to win to be the best there's no purpose.

I think your irony-o-meter isn't working today :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think your irony-o-meter isn't working today :wink:

indeed it would appear to be f***ed :lol:

teams don't get a TURN you have to earn it , it is the start of a long road for us, 5 or 6 years at least i would say. mr bloom is a businessman and he would have to have a wholemeal loaf between his ears to not want prem.football at falmer.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
from what i've gathered over the past few years, 90% of Brighton fans hate the premiership, never want Brighton in the premiership and are quite happy sitting mid table in the 1st division

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
from what i've gathered over the past few years, 90% of Brighton fans hate the premiership, never want Brighton in the premiership and are quite happy sitting mid table in the 1st division

....and we would never want a dildo salesman as Chairman........apart from when there were rumours about Gold taking over 12 months ago, and most here CREAMED THEIR JEANS at the prospect.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I never understand why people dont want Brighton to be in the Premiership.... Even if you do go straght down, its about trying to get to the highest level you can otherwise whats the point.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and we go over to Alan Green at Falmer Stadim where Brighton entertain Liverpool in a battle for the fourth Champions League slot...

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to hear that on the radio?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Like Portsmouth you mean?

Don't think the prize was so high when thhey went up,and of course profligate management of clubs will lead to Leeds/Portsmouth/Leicester type situations.So no,not exactly like Portsmouth who spent 5 years worth of largesse before they were ever sure of getting it,but perhaps like West Brom,Stoke,Birmingham,Burnley even,Wolves.You know,where sound financial management rather than overwhelming ambition has led to security.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
...and we go over to Alan Green at Falmer Stadim where Brighton entertain Liverpool in a battle for the fourth Champions League slot...

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to hear that on the radio?

Liverpool fans I expect,if you could ever count them as being right in mind.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Calm down

138638-Local_Customs-Liverpool.jpg

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Perhaps,in a funny sort of way,the Premier League has done football a favour.A smallish club - Blackpool - has had its future secured even if it only lasts one year at the top.The more small to medium sized teams that make it,the more the Premiership will be protecting League football.Yes,yes,I know how it reduces the chances of those outside the Championship,and even small clubs in that division,and may inexorably lead to Son of Premiership,but we can dream,no? (omits string of dots).

Not really, Southampton and Portsmouth, just two examples were premiership clubs and spent silly and didn't secure or make their long term futures rosey did it?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Fair enough, they are in such a shambles at the moment that I was bending the realms of probability somewhat...they won't be anything near as much a force to be reckoned with after Torres and Gerrard to a disappearing act over the summer. It is far more likely to be a relegation battle than one for fourth spot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here